Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing a 30 Day Late

tag
odjohnson3
Regular Contributor

Removing a 30 Day Late

Has anyone had an experience with dealing with NEWPORT ACCEPTANCE INC. (based in Tustin, CA). I have a current auto loan from this particularly small business. They are rediculous at 18% interest but i had to take that to establish some credit. Ive had no 30 day lates up until Decemeber. Ive had none since then. They wont respond to my goodwill lettet but I have noticed, sometimes its 2 or 3 months before they update my payment history with the bureaus. Any advice on removing this late? Im thinkn dispute with the credit bureau, however im a little intimidated because it list a balance history on my report. Im not sure if its all that accurate, but will they jus use that and say verified?

Im open to suggestions, my score dropped 50 points for one late smh

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing a 30 Day Late

I don't see where you have any grounds for disputing. If they don't want to extend GW to a customer, theres not much you can really do about it.

A 30 day late can ding you pretty hard when it first occurs, but they are a minor derog and a single one will lose virtually all impact after 24 months.

Message 2 of 3
odjohnson3
Regular Contributor

Re: Removing a 30 Day Late

Thanks for the reply. I was leaning more on the fact that the compnay doesnt report to the bureau as frequent. Maybe id get lucky and the company wouldnt respond within the 30 day allotment . However, its a little refreshing to know it wont effect me after some time

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.