Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing cashcall chargeoff help?

tag
pamon
Regular Contributor

Removing cashcall chargeoff help?

Ok. So in California cashcall we're pretty much deemed illegal and uncollectible and we're sued by the CFPB and attorney general and cashcall lost. I've got a lingering chargeoff with a DOFD of 8/12 I want gone. Anyone know the best way to tackle these other than calling Experian and Equifax directly and playing phone games? It will fall off soon but I'm stick of it on there lol. Cashcall is a sewer and their loans were called them pretty much too. Lol. Thanks
Fico 8 Exp 598 Transunion 598 Equifax 596 (7/18/18)
FICO 8 Exp 609 TransUnion 622 Equifax 617 (8/10/18)
FICO 8 Exp 643 Equifax 641 Transunion 655 (9-10-18)
FICO 8 exp 630 Transunion 646 Equifax 627
Fico 8 Exp 646 Transunion 639 Equifax 640 (11/1/18)
Fico 8 Exp 698 Transunion 716 Equifax 690 (1/8/19)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Removing cashcall chargeoff help?

You would effectively dispute the debt as not being legit, using whatever case law that supports your assertion, and if it is verified upon dispute, you then acquire the right under FCRA 623(c) to file a civil action contesting the reasonableness of the investigation by the furnisher, and get the matter before a court for an order of deletion.

I doubt that a CRA is going to unilaterally make a ruling that the debt is not legit.

You can make the attempt, but if the furnisher verifies the legitimacy, it may require court intervention.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing cashcall chargeoff help?

File a complaint with the CFPB against both the CRA and Cashcall.

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/getting-started/

Do be prepared for a lifetime of harassing phone calls from zombie debt collectors calling you, your family, even my brothers ex-wife looking for me threatening I was being served with papers at my home or office.  It bounces from zombie debt collector to zombie debt collector and I still get calls one last week.  Countless others blocked by my various robokillers and block lists.  My debt like yours illegal in my state, past SOL and IIB so they can GF#.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.