Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing charge offs and/or paying original company for deletion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing charge offs and/or paying original company for deletion

Hello everyone!!

I began on a successfull journey in addressing my credit issues. I began in the low 500's and have since been in the low 600's, however I have hit a wall. I am not sure how to address these CA's moving forward. I am pasting a list of my currentl balances below. Any help in addressing and hopefully removing these accounts would be greatly appreciated.

One Source FCU3419PAID 
Moon Valley792  
Chase MAACO762  
HSBC Bank510  
Old Navy 190  
Macys 195  
Centurylink364 Stellar Recovery
T-Mobile 1738 Midland Funding

Hsbc Bank845 Portfolio Recovery
Ge Cap Retail Bank428 Central Finance Control
Hospital Bill423 Cach LLC
Wells Fargo2092 Enhanced Recovery Co
Directv 481 AFNI
ATT Uverse284  
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Re: Removing charge offs and/or paying original company for deletion

Yes, sometimes that does work.  First pay the original creditor (if they still have the account and have not sold it), then dispute the collection.  Good luck.

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing charge offs and/or paying original company for deletion

@surferchris wrote:

Yes, sometimes that does work.  First pay the original creditor (if they still have the account and have not sold it), then dispute the collection.  Good luck.

Disputing the collection with the CA will not require removal of the collection as long as they had collection authority at the time the OC was paid, it would only require them to report it as paid. If they decide to not respond to the dispute then you might get it removed.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.