cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing collection? this isnt fair! help!

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

Removing collection? this isnt fair! help!

i disputed a collection that is not mine. it came back with 1 cra out of 3 as verified. i was told no re-investigation allowed and that the verification included the collection agency providing my name, ssn, and address and that no debt validation was necessary since it was disputed as not mine.

how do i go about getting this item removed. who do i send my debt validation letter to? it doesnt seem like sending it to the collection agency would help. even if it isnt validated, they wont remove it from my cr. and the cra is telling me no further investigation.

what do i do?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Tons_of_Debt
Established Contributor

Re: Removing collection? this isnt fair! help!

What type of CO is it? Who is the CA? The OC? Which CRA verified?
08/01/2008 - 472 EQ; 523 TU; 454 EX
03/01/2009 - 574 EQ
08/08/2009 - 648 EQ
01/27/2010 - 671 EQ
07/04/2010 - 713 EQ
01/05/2011 - 730 EQ
05/14/16 - 762 EX
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditDrama85 wrote:
i disputed a collection that is not mine. it came back with 1 cra out of 3 as verified. i was told no re-investigation allowed and that the verification included the collection agency providing my name, ssn, and address and that no debt validation was necessary since it was disputed as not mine.

how do i go about getting this item removed. who do i send my debt validation letter to? it doesnt seem like sending it to the collection agency would help. even if it isnt validated, they wont remove it from my cr. and the cra is telling me no further investigation.

what do i do?

Did the other two delete?

Send the CRA that verified a MOV letter.

Send the CA a DV letter.

File complaint with BBB.
Message 3 of 5
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

yes, TU and EQ deleted and said the item was "unverifiable". EX refuses to delete or reinvestigate. i have pretty much given up on my EX credit report.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditDrama85 wrote:
yes, TU and EQ deleted and said the item was "unverifiable". EX refuses to delete or reinvestigate. i have pretty much given up on my EX credit report.

Almost anytime you dispute as "not mine" it can be verified. All they check is the name and such. Obviously the CA knows your name and information, they reported it.

Follow the steps I listed above.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.