Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing collections accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing collections accounts

Can anyone tell me how to get the address or telephone #'s to collection agencies and also how do I go about asking them about a PFD??

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Removing collections accounts

@Anonymous wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to get the address or telephone #'s to collection agencies and also how do I go about asking them about a PFD??

Hello and welcome to the forums.

You can get the information you need on the full, free credit reports from annualcreditreport.com. You can do a search here onsite for examples of what others have tried with offering a PFD to a particular CA and what seems to work or not work.

Also this thread might be helpful to you: What Steps Do I Take?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank a million for the info and Semper Fi from one Marine to another!! Another quick question if you don't mind?? The "what steps do I take" link says if this isn't medical", so if mine are medical and have been placed for collection is it still possible to have them removed?? If so should I start by calling them or is that a waste of time....Although I do know to make sure I receive a letter from them stating the agreement....Thanks again, I really appreciate this!!

Message 3 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank a million for the info and Semper Fi from one Marine to another!! Another quick question if you don't mind?? The "what steps do I take" link says if this isn't medical", so if mine are medical and have been placed for collection is it still possible to have them removed?? If so should I start by calling them or is that a waste of time....Although I do know to make sure I receive a letter from them stating the agreement....Thanks again, I really appreciate this!!

Medical collections can be approached in 2 different ways. You can go the same route as other types of collections or you can use what is called the HIPAA preocess. Because of legal considerations we can't go into great detail about the HIPAA process but some folks use it for medical collections. Be aware though that you will need to pay the OC  before starting the HIPAA process.

You can do an internet search to get more more information about HIPAA.

Good luck to you and SEMPER FI!!! When were you in the Corps?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the info....gonna get started!!

I was in 90-94 ..0351 Conflicts- Desert Storm, Somalia, and Haiti....a little later than you I see.....

Message 5 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for all the info....gonna get started!!

I was in 90-94 ..0351 Conflicts- Desert Storm, Somalia, and Haiti....a little later than you I see.....

Just by a couple of years. Smiley Happy  I was in from '69-'72. 

I trained as a 0351 but I'm not sure I even saw a 106 (Do they even still have 106's?) the entire time I was in Vietnam. I was a radioman for awhile and then they handed me a M-60. There I was all of 5' 6' and humping that thing around.  LOL But I sure enjoyed it. I actually felt safe carrying that big hoss around.

Anyway I appreciate your service and thanks for keep me and mine safe!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.