cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing late payment (Credit One) What to write in the email?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing late payment (Credit One) What to write in the email?

Hello everyone,

I recently read a post on here from users saying they succesfully removed a late payment from Credit One by emailing the customer service executives. My question is, what exactly do I write in the email?

Do I include my card number/account info?

Do I just type something like: "Hello Credit One, I really like your credit card & am thankful that you guys approved me and allowed me to rebuild my credit, however I have 1 late payment with you guys that If possible I would like to be removed. It is my only late payment ever and having it removed would really improve my score."

Something like this?

I appreciate any help!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
mmajer4211
Regular Contributor

Re: Removing late payment (Credit One) What to write in the email?

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello everyone,

I recently read a post on here from users saying they succesfully removed a late payment from Credit One by emailing the customer service executives. My question is, what exactly do I write in the email?

Do I include my card number/account info?

Do I just type something like: "Hello Credit One, I really like your credit card & am thankful that you guys approved me and allowed me to rebuild my credit, however I have 1 late payment with you guys that If possible I would like to be removed. It is my only late payment ever and having it removed would really improve my score."

Something like this?

I appreciate any help!

I included the first 6 digits of the account number directly in the email. As for the body of your email, I think you're on the right path. I've stated before that these companies probably see thounsands of these letters a day so in my opinion something needs to stand out but I could be completely wrong. I'm a person who literally just got things taken off of my report from Credit One within the last day but it wasn't nearly as easy as some of the others I've read about. I probably sent 10 emails to 3 different people and they wouldn't budge. Luckily, there was a bit of fraudulent t activity on one of my Credit One accounts, yes that sounds weird I'm saying luckily, and I mentioned that in my last email. I got an immediate response from them via phone call and they removed everything for me. I had 2 accounts with them, the fraudulent account was charged off after 60 days partly because of the fraud and because I stopped paying due to the fraud. The second account I stopped paying for the same reason but it never got charged off, just 150 day late status. They completely deleted the fraud account tradeline and reinstated the second account plus removed every late payment associated with both accounts. Again, it will be different for everyone but don't give up. This was the first time I actually spoke with someone on the phone there and I believe I got much better results that way. Each of the other emails I sent gave me a response that they would review my accounts and get back to me in 3-5 days which always resulted in them denying my request.

MASSIVE OVERHALL (48) MONTHS IN

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.