Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing late payments

tag
floweryu
New Contributor

Removing late payments

I have 4 accounts that have late payments: J. Crew (30-60-90), Banana Republic (30-60 2 times), Victoria's secret (30-60 2 times) and Macy's store card (30-60-90). I decided to give it a shot and call credit services for each of the cards and ask for good will removal of late payments and here is what I got:

1. Victoria's secret: they have no info on my late payments because they don't keep records that far back. However, TU/EX/EQ still report late payments.

2. Macy's: the guy I talked to was very nice and since it was my only late payment on Macy's store card he removed the late payments.

3. J. Crew: same as (1). They do not keep records from that far back. The lady I spoke to agreed to send me a letter that states I have always been current with payments.

4. Banana Republic: same as (1). No records. However, the guy told me he cannot send me any letter and that I need to send mail to El Paso, TX address (I have no idea what to write)

Victoria's secret is one of my first accounts, so I would not like to have the tradeline deleted, but I would like to have the late payments deleted. What should I do? I tried disputing with Experian and it came back verified and now they would not let me dispute again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Removing late payments

IMO, while there's nothing wrong at all with calling, you can also send a GW letter asking for the late removals. If you need a GW example, then search for GW example and you'll have several examples by which to base your letter.

Avoid disputing. They can easily opt to delete. Then you could lose valuable history, average age, and points.
Message 2 of 3
floweryu
New Contributor

Re: Removing late payments

Well, the point is that none of the companies actually has the information that I was late ever, so there is no point sending good will so that they delete something that doesn't exist. I'm in the loop between the credit bureaus and the OCs and everybody says the other has the power to remove the info.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.