cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing self from AU cards

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Removing self from AU cards

Quick back story, my wife added me to her capital one cards for age both cards 4 years, then added me to her care credit for the util help (5500 limit) but it’s only a month old, then to a merrick bank card only a month old as well, the. To her month old discover as well. On my own I have a 5000 discover, 3500 care credit, and a nfcu secures 200 limit. All three 1-2 months old now.

All the util is under 5 percent, should I have her remove me from the merrick bank, her discover, and her care credit. I think it’s only hurting the age portion versus helping me anymore. Also how will it report if I’m removed. Will it look bad ?
Discover it miles 9/19 Sl 5000 | Care Credit 9/19 SL 3500 | Cap 1 QS 4/14 AU 500 | Cap 1 QS1 4/14 AU 600 | NFCU Secured 8/19 200 | NFCU CLOC 9/19 500 | NFCU auto 10/19 6.29 66k | NFCU Auto 4.9% 37k
Experian- 702
Equifax- 676
Transunion- 611
Util- 9%
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Contributor

Re: Removing self from AU cards

Get yourself removed from the younger cards (1-4 months old) and stay on the 4 yr old cards. You have your own young accounts. Adding more is hampering you. The 4 yr old cards are in your favor. No more apps for now and let them age for the ones in your name for a while. Do you have any type of installment loan?

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC at 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game. Pay it Forward!
Message 2 of 5
Regular Contributor

okay perfect, ill remove myself from the three young cards that are less than 4 months, the merrick bank is 3 months, the discover is 1 month, and the care credit is one month. then ill let things age a bit. 

I do have installment, i have two care loans through navy, and a self lender loan, probably just pay it off since its only 200 left on it.

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Get yourself removed from the younger cards (1-4 months old) and stay on the 4 yr old cards. You have your own young accounts. Adding more is hampering you. The 4 yr old cards are in your favor. No more apps for now and let them age for the ones in your name for a while. Do you have any type of installment loan?

Discover it miles 9/19 Sl 5000 | Care Credit 9/19 SL 3500 | Cap 1 QS 4/14 AU 500 | Cap 1 QS1 4/14 AU 600 | NFCU Secured 8/19 200 | NFCU CLOC 9/19 500 | NFCU auto 10/19 6.29 66k | NFCU Auto 4.9% 37k
Experian- 702
Equifax- 676
Transunion- 611
Util- 9%
Message 3 of 5
Super Contributor

Your all set then.  Now time will do its thing. Follow the AZEO method. If you cant pay for it. Dont charge it. You have whats needed for the FICO rebuild bonus. As time goes on your scores will rise up. Then better cards will come available to you as the rebuild keeps going. In 6 months. Give Disco a try. And get your own card. Keep us updated as time goes by. Ask all the question you want when it time to apply. Each card below I did research on the forum. Only went for what I could be approved for with scores and such. It will take time. But you can get there. Good Luck on the road to 700!

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC at 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game. Pay it Forward!
Message 4 of 5
Regular Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Your all set then.  Now time will do its thing. Follow the AZEO method. If you cant pay for it. Dont charge it. You have whats needed for the FICO rebuild bonus. As time goes on your scores will rise up. Then better cards will come available to you as the rebuild keeps going. In 6 months. Give Disco a try. And get your own card. Keep us updated as time goes by. Ask all the question you want when it time to apply. Each card below I did research on the forum. Only went for what I could be approved for with scores and such. It will take time. But you can get there. Good Luck on the road to 700!

I already have the one disco for 5000 sl they gave me star of september  so i was shocked there! thanks man appreciate the advice. how will the au accounts report when i close them. will they chow closed, or will they just dissapear. 

Experian- 702
Equifax- 676
Transunion- 611
Util- 9%
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.