Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rental Issue re-aging or something

tag
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Re: Rental Issue re-aging or something

So send Debt Validation letter to the collection agency. 

And then what can he do from there?

Message 11 of 56
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Thanks for the prompt repsonses

Okay so I will send "I would definately send them a debt validation request under the TX code."

Now what would  this letter look like as far as the body in the letter? 

Message 12 of 56
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Bare-bones sample:

This is a dispute of accuracy of your asserted collection of the referenced debt under the provisions of Title 5, section 392.202 of the Texas Finance Code.

Specifically, it a request that you provide, within 30-days of this request, written statement of denial or admission of the accuracy of the debt, or if you cannot provide such statement at this time, notice that it cannot be provided, and immediate deletion of your reporting with each credit reporting agency, as required under the Code.

Message 13 of 56
SSH0126
Established Contributor

OKay does he need to add anything else in here 

February 21,2013

Pennyrile Collections

302 W. 15th Street

Hopkinsville, KY 42240

Account#1**********

To whom it may concern:

I, my name, am writing due to this is a dispute of accuracy of your asserted collection of the referenced debt under the provisions of Title 5, section 392.202 of the Texas Finance Code.

Specifically, it a request that you provide, within 30-days of this request, written statement of denial or admission of the accuracy of the debt, or if you cannot provide such statement at this time, notice that it cannot be provided, and immediate deletion of your reporting with each credit reporting agency, as required under the Code.

Thanks,

my name 

Message 14 of 56
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 15 of 56
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Yeah so the OC (landlord) had to have SOMETHING to go on to know there even IS a debt (ie lease). So......

1. He has a lease so he CAN validate the debt, OBVIOUSLY going to have a date on it. Based on the end date of lease (earliest possible delinquency), sure it could be estimated for THEN, worse case the next year...ahh heck lets just give em THREE years just to be nice guys...would STILL be well past CRTP (aged off).

-or-

2. He has no lease (or equivalent), ie no verifiable debt.

Either way, you win.

Remember, the burden of proof is on the REPORTER, not the consumer. Dispute (direct to reporter) > dispute (CRA) > MOV (it ends there at latest, nothing to prove it if no paperwork).

Message 16 of 56
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Should there if so please let me know someone before I put this in the mail tommorrow morning. 

Message 17 of 56
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Okay so what should he say??

The dates are inaccurate? Something more something less? 

Message 18 of 56
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you are sending it to the CA it is ok.  I misread and thought it was a dispute with the OC.  Sorry.

Message 19 of 56
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Oh no problem. It is now with the collection agency. So the letter is good..No reccommendations on adding anything? 

Message 20 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.