Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reopen Closed Chargeoffs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reopen Closed Chargeoffs

I am currently trying to raise my credit scores I am carrying a pretty high balance on a Nordstrom retail card (hopefully a visa sig by oct 2019) but jsut paid my Credit One credit card to $0 ($750 limit) and Balance of $20g with J Crew Commenity.  These are the only cards I have open as well as a auto loan.

My goals:

Pay down Nordstrom and remove as many lates I can thru GW letters.  I'm trying to get an idea of what I should tackle first besides paying down balances.  Obviously, PFD is best in most scenarios but I have a few store cards, mostly through Synchrony bank that are now closed but not sent to collections, but they did send two accounts to Midland Credit Management.

MCM says they will delete after 2 years once paid in full or settled, has anyone had success with derogs from them being deleted sooner, I don't want to wait that long.

Has anyone had success reopening cards from the following issuers:

First Premier

Merrick Bank

Total Visa

Macy's

and Synchrony Bank (Amazon, Walmart, TJ Maxx, Gap, Old Navy)

My goal is to either PFD or have cards reopened to help with age and utilization, the oldest account is from 2015.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reopen Closed Chargeoffs

Midland will delete within 45 days of payment in full or settled if it has been more than 2 years since the account went delinquent. How long ago did your accounts go bad? If they are old enough it won’t take long to get them off!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reopen Closed Chargeoffs

The MCM accounts are about 1 year old

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.