Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair credit first or getting a truck.

tag
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

Repair credit first or getting a truck.

Hello all,

I will start with the situation me and my husband are in. We have a repo and other bad marks on our credit report that equal up to 20,000.00 approx. My husband worked for a company that closed due to making bad financial decisions. He drives a gravel truck and they get jobs by contracts with companies. One of the companies they were doing work for offered my husband the opportunity to continue working for them, contract labor if he got his own truck because they like the way he does his job. We don't have a truck so he suggested to take the contract with him to another company and save up so he can buy his own truck and when he does he can work for himself and make all the profit. I just don't know  what the first step should be. Should we pay our debt first or save up for a truck? The amount of money it cost to buy a truck is about the same as the amount we owe to bad debts.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Repair credit first or getting a truck.

If you have to finance the truck, I would say repair first.  Unless you can find someone willing to finance you.

Message 2 of 3
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: Repair credit first or getting a truck.

Echo what guineas said. The only thing is it won't be 100% profit due to maintenance on the truck. Take this into account.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.