Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting TU EE... ugghhhh!!!! *UPDATE*

tag
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Requesting TU EE... ugghhhh!!!!

@gdale6 wrote:

I want to remind everyone that even though TU calls their EE removal process a "dispute" we cannot advocate that anyone dispute a TL that is still within CRTP on myFico. With that having been said grats TRC on getting the IIBs taken care of. Call back in a week and try again on the BK.

@savingmoney87 wrote:

I called the same number today as well. 

Experience:

Immediately ask to be transferred to their special handing department in the USA.

1. First rep told me that accounts cannot be deleted if they aren't in the same year as the approaching deadline. She said call back in January. I said, Ok, Thank you. Hung up and called again. 

2. Second rep, was very helpful explaining the entire process to me. "Requested that the creditors remove the IIB due to their approaching deadline." 

How he explained it: 

* We request the creditors to remove the items due to the reaching the removal deadline. They usually come back either proceeding to delete the account or sometimes they may even come back with a different removal date that's a bit earlier. 

I asked in your experience are they usually removed. He said, I can't guarantee that but it's widely varies by the lender. Most lenders usually proceed but some are insistant it stay on until the date. 

3. I asked can the Chapter 13 be removed early since their is no creditor. He said, it's usually policy for a discharged Chapter 13 to be removed 6 years, 11 months but sometimes but we can certainly try. 

I guess now I'll sit and wait to see if the others are deleted or removed. 

UPDATE: Since your report was updated so quickly, I decided to pull my report and see if it updated! Everything was removed including the Chapter 13: Final Score with TU 649 to 753! TRC_WA we are almost there! Can't wait until Jan to see if we have some luck with EQ & EX! 

Here we are a week later and I called back... I got a supervisor on the line and explained that my IIB accounts were deleted last week and I'd like the PR removed now via early exclusion.

"I'm sorry sir, we are not allowed to delete bankruptcy public records early."

You're not?  What about all the people on myFICO that say you already have?  This entire thing is just mind boggling.  How is is possible for every rep/supervisor to have a different answer?

@Rebuilding69 wrote:

Yeah I never ever call TU anymore. So much easier online.

I think I'm just gonna dispute as too old and see what happens.  This is so annoying.

All I've read is how TU is the easiest CRA to deal with regarding EE... but yet I've talked to 6 different people in a week that say early deletion of the PR isn't allowed despite the fact I saw two posts here ON THE SAME DAY that said their PR was removed.

/wrists

FICO8 current as of : 4-12-24 EQ: 724 TU: 702 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 31 of 36
NYFan63
Established Contributor

Thanks to all for input on this topic.  I will have about 10-12 IIB from a Ch7 projected to start falling off in April 2016 per TU.  Am I able to call or do an online disputed to request an EE with TU. EX and EQ to have removed? My CH7 DC Jan 2010 but filed Aug 2009.... Thoughts? 

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 32 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Requesting TU EE... ugghhhh!!!! *UPDATE*

I also was having issues with the "dispute" versus EE with TU this week. I had made a couple calls, got the same "we can dispute it for you" return but after reading on here that there was success with just doing it online I thought I'd try that. I went to the dispute site and checked the "too old to report" or something box and put comments "I am requesting an early exclusion or early deletion of this account from my credit file because I am within the six month window. Will you please remove Thank you" I completed it for two private student loan accounts that were supposed to come off March 2016. Did that two days ago and got the dispute back today with them DELETED!! Stoked!!!!

Message 33 of 36
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

@NYFan63 wrote:

Thanks to all for input on this topic.  I will have about 10-12 IIB from a Ch7 projected to start falling off in April 2016 per TU.  Am I able to call or do an online disputed to request an EE with TU. EX and EQ to have removed? My CH7 DC Jan 2010 but filed Aug 2009.... Thoughts? 

On 10/1 dispute online with TU as "too old to report." Do not call for TU EE, unless you want to be frustrated and have to call back multiple times. They will be deleted in 24-48 hours via the online system.

For EX you can try calling on 1/1/2016. Call back until you find a rep willing to remove, they will frequently remove stuff 3 months early from the DoFD (note this is different than the "scheduled to remain on until.." timeframe).

EQ is a crapshoot. They have been sticklers as of late and tend not to remove until 1 month early from DoFD, which they do automatically. Feel free to try, though.

One thing to note is there have been reports that the bureaus are sometimes stringent about deleting public records early - this includes bankruptcies, judgments, etc. My experience supports this, Experian would not remove a paid judgment early. I tried a few times and then gave up. They deleted it automatically 1 month early. Good luck.

Message 34 of 36
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@tiger_uppercut wrote:

@NYFan63 wrote:

On 10/1 dispute online with TU as "too old to report." Do not call for TU EE, unless you want to be frustrated and have to call back multiple times. They will be deleted in 24-48 hours via the online system.

For EX you can try calling on 1/1/2016. Call back until you find a rep willing to remove, they will frequently remove stuff 3 months early from the DoFD (note this is different than the "scheduled to remain on until.." timeframe).

EQ is a crapshoot. They have been sticklers as of late and tend not to remove until 1 month early from DoFD, which they do automatically. Feel free to try, though.

One thing to note is there have been reports that the bureaus are sometimes stringent about deleting public records early - this includes bankruptcies, judgments, etc. My experience supports this, Experian would not remove a paid judgment early. I tried a few times and then gave up. They deleted it automatically 1 month early. Good luck.

The advocation to dispute an item that is not yet reached CRTP is taboo on myFico. For the early exclusion we can only advocate that you call or write in for it. Please refrain from doing this in the future. Thanks for your understanding,

Message 35 of 36
NYFan63
Established Contributor

@tiger_uppercut wrote:

@NYFan63 wrote:

Thanks Tiger - I submitted my TU online dispute requesting the EE - they have completed 1 of 6 accounts - will keep you posted...I ended up checking the box "Not liable for the liability" as I have read on this thread others indicated this.  Will keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks again!

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.