Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting credit bureaus to add positive accounts to your report

tag
johnnypinaz
New Contributor

Requesting credit bureaus to add positive accounts to your report

I have a couple things I financed in the past and they do not show up on my credit report. The agencies never said they would.

But I read a post somewhere that you still may be able to get the bureaus to list those accounts and by law hey have to... May be BS but I am a attaching the sample letter they gave as an example (below). What do you think? Is this just someones idea or is this accurate?

Request for Addition of Supplementary Credit References

The purpose of this credit repair letter is used for adding accounts that are not being reported toyour credit report. The credit bureaus are not required to report all accounts but they are requiredto reflect the maximum possible level of accuracy.
To Whom It May Concern,According to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 USC section 1681i, I request that you add the followingcredit references to my credit report:

Company Name
: [Name of Company]

Account Number 
: [Account Number]

Account Type
: [Account Type]

Phone Number 
: [Phone Number]

Date
: [Date]

I appreciate your attention to this matter, as the addition of these credit references will more accuratelyportray my credit history. Please inform me within the statutory 30-day time period from your receipt of The purpose of this credit repair letter of your compliance with the provisions described in 15 USC 1681e,which require that all information in a consumer’s credit report must reflect “…the maximum possible levelof accuracy”.

[Name]
Social Security Number: [Social Security Number]
Date of Birth: [Date of Birth]
[Current Address]:[City, State Zip]Sincerely,

[Signature]
[Date

Starting Score: 590
Current Score: 730
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Requesting credit bureaus to add positive accounts to your report

I don't think you will get anywhere with the CRAs.  They will only include information on your CR that is sent to them by lenders.  If they lender does not report the TL then there is no way the the CRA can list it.  As far as the law goes, it states that all information that is listed on your CR must be accurate, it doesn't state that any information has to be listed at all.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
ddh111377
Valued Member

Re: Requesting credit bureaus to add positive accounts to your report

Did it work?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.