Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting help for collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Requesting help for collections

Hi all! I first want to say, this community has been such an asset in helping to rebuild my husband and mines credit. I’ve been able to raise his approx 50-75 points within the last few months! Now it’s my turn, mine will take significantly much more work as I have several collections dating about 4-6 years back. I also have a BK that is due to come off in Sept. however, it came off Equifax this morning resulting in a 36 point increase for them. So my main goal here is to start with the easiest agencies and work my way to the more difficult ones and what people thing may be my best strategy. So without further ado:

Overton, Russel, Doerr and Donovan- $1172 & $135 ( medical). I have tried to contact them to snag original bills as I’m almost 99% positive, some of this was from an insurance issue from my child’s birth.

ERC Collections- $642 & $139
LVNV Funding- $605
Portfolio Recovery- $579
Monterey Collections- $572,468,451
Credit Collection- $250
Commonwealth- $238
Nat. recovery agency- $118

I have 2 store accounts in good standing, no lates, low util.
I also have a self lender started 2 months ago. The $1500 option for 12 mos.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Requesting help for collections

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi all! I first want to say, this community has been such an asset in helping to rebuild my husband and mines credit. I’ve been able to raise his approx 50-75 points within the last few months! Now it’s my turn, mine will take significantly much more work as I have several collections dating about 4-6 years back. I also have a BK that is due to come off in Sept. however, it came off Equifax this morning resulting in a 36 point increase for them. So my main goal here is to start with the easiest agencies and work my way to the more difficult ones and what people thing may be my best strategy. So without further ado:

Overton, Russel, Doerr and Donovan- $1172 & $135 ( medical). I have tried to contact them to snag original bills as I’m almost 99% positive, some of this was from an insurance issue from my child’s birth.

ERC Collections- $642 & $139
LVNV Funding- $605
Portfolio Recovery- $579
Monterey Collections- $572,468,451
Credit Collection- $250
Commonwealth- $238
Nat. recovery agency- $118

I have 2 store accounts in good standing, no lates, low util.
I also have a self lender started 2 months ago. The $1500 option for 12 mos.

Hi and welcome to the forums 

Here is the suggestion by gdale on how to handle medical debt 

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if insurance can be billed, if not then
2. see if you qualify for Charity Care, if not then
3.  ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
4. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
5. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

For other non medical collections, you should contact then and see which one will delete accounts when paid. For those who wont delete, you'll need to either pay them in full or settle for a lower amount. Settlement does not look as pretty as paid in full, but it's better than unpaid collection account.

For those with larger amounts, you can ask if you can make monthly payments till debt is satisfied. 

Once the last collection is paid, and there are no more updates, your scores can start recovering. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have searched a bit and I know 2 pfd which is Portfolio and Commonwealth. I guess I’m looking to also see if anyone has feedback from dealing with the other agencies.

Thanks for your advice!
Message 3 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

ERC Collections- Most  deletion occurred when debt paid to OC and asked to be recalled beforehand. 
LVNV Funding-    Will not do PFD 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Yes, I’ve heard that LVNV is a nightmare.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.