Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response from PFD letter..

tag
erickedgar
Established Member

Response from PFD letter..

I sent a PFD letter out about a month ago and received a response today. It states:

Our files indicate your account is in dispute. Since we haven't had sufficient time to complete our investigation of the dispute we are withdrawing the account. Once verification is received, we will forward a copy to you and resume collection activity.

This letter confused me because I did not dispute this account. Is this a typical response and what should I do now?

OP, I split your post off to start a new thread.  I changed the title but feel free to edit it to your liking.  guiness56, myFICO Moderator.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Response from PFD letter..

Did you send them a DV letter?

If so, it puts a cease collection bar in place and legally they cannot respond to your PFD.  You can rescind the DV.

Message 2 of 11
erickedgar
Established Member

@guiness56 wrote:

Did you send them a DV letter?

If so, it puts a cease collection bar in place and legally they cannot respond to your PFD.  You can rescind the DV.

No, I didn't send a DV letter, it was a PFD. That's why I'm confused about their response.

Message 3 of 11
erickedgar
Established Member

Message 4 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

No, it is not typical.  They are saying the account is in dispute and you are saying you never disputed it. 

They may have take your PFD as a dispute depending on how you worded it.

Message 5 of 11
erickedgar
Established Member

I grabbed a template from one of the forums on here and just added my info, like creditor, amount I'm paying, etc.

I did read on another forum that someone sent a DV and paid off the original creditor, so that way there was "nothing" to validate since it was paid. Have you heard of something like this and would you recommend it?

Message 6 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If the template was the lengthty one demanding removal in 10 days, not discussing the account with others, etc, it does say dispute in the letter.  That letter should not be used.

If you know the account is yours and want to do a PFD, first you will have to rescind the dispute or they may not talk to you.  Just call them and say your intention was not a dispute and see if they would be open to a PFD.

Who is the CA?

Message 7 of 11
erickedgar
Established Member

@guiness56 wrote:

If the template was the lengthty one demanding removal in 10 days, not discussing the account with others, etc, it does say dispute in the letter.  That letter should not be used.

If you know the account is yours and want to do a PFD, first you will have to rescind the dispute or they may not talk to you.  Just call them and say your intention was not a dispute and see if they would be open to a PFD.

Who is the CA?

That is the template I used. The CA is I.C. System Inc.

Message 8 of 11
phenom880
Established Member

that is the same template i used and cause the nearly exact kind of responce....just delete the first part of the template

Started my rebuild in 2013 with 500ish scores
Message 9 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

That template shoudn't be used at all.

A PFD is a type of GW letter and that is way too demanding and forceful.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.