Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restarting at Fico 485

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Restarting at Fico 485

@jlcd wrote:

After pulling the reports and looking at dates,the 3 judgments have dates of "continue on record" until Sep 2013(medical) and  Feb. (car repo)and Sep 2014(medical) So that at least gives me an idea of when I can start to have a life again Smiley Happy  At this point are these still having a huge impact? 

For the best chance of success you need to have a fighting attitude.  Don't accept waiting for these things to happen on their own.  Tons of people here have had success getting judgements removed early and you can to.  Judgements are killers to your score for the whole 7 years they report.  They are also a killer to anyone doing a manual review.  These should be among your top priorities.  Are these judgements paid yet?

Second, I would not just ignore that UoP thing.  That and your First Premier are definitely hurting your most besides the judgements because they are so new.  If you did not enroll in classes but received a bill, dispute the bill.  You can dispute it with the CRA and/or directly with whoever is reporting (I assume UoP) through what is known a direct dispue under FCRA section 623.

Also, do you have some extra money saved up to pay a lot of these things or extra income where you will be able to soon?

Message 11 of 15
jlcd

@Anonymous wrote:

@jlcd wrote:

After pulling the reports and looking at dates,the 3 judgments have dates of "continue on record" until Sep 2013(medical) and  Feb. (car repo)and Sep 2014(medical) So that at least gives me an idea of when I can start to have a life again Smiley Happy  At this point are these still having a huge impact? 

For the best chance of success you need to have a fighting attitude.  Don't accept waiting for these things to happen on their own.  Tons of people here have had success getting judgements removed early and you can to.  Judgements are killers to your score for the whole 7 years they report.  They are also a killer to anyone doing a manual review.  These should be among your top priorities.  Are these judgements paid yet?

All 3 judgements are paid,have been since late 2007,I believe the last garnishment was in 11/07.

Second, I would not just ignore that UoP thing.  That and your First Premier are definitely hurting your most besides the judgements because they are so new.  If you did not enroll in classes but received a bill, dispute the bill.  You can dispute it with the CRA and/or directly with whoever is reporting (I assume UoP) through what is known a direct dispue under FCRA section 623.

I will start the dispute process,thank you.

Also, do you have some extra money saved up to pay a lot of these things or extra income where you will be able to soon?

I have about 3k left over from taxes,I just wasnt sure what to do with it,where to focus the payments.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great that the judgements are paid.  I am fortunate enough to have never had a judgement (my debts were all too small for anyone to bother suing).  This means I am not the person to get advice from.  Search this forum for "vacate judgement" and you will find lots of examples.  There is a strong possibility you can get them vacated, so just try and try and try.

UoP, definitely dispute that if you say you shouldn't have been billed anything.  If you need to, contact the higher ups at UoP.  Again, they are common around here, so seek out threads about them and ask others who have dealt with them for contacts, etc.

As for the money, I would start with First Premier, as it is the newest debt.  I would try to do a PFD for that.  If it were me, I would just try to PFD the rest of your debts.  You can offer a settlement or the full amount.  I always start with a settlement myself.  If a debt is paid, start sending GW letters.  With some hard work and time on your part and the help of this great community, you will see results.

Message 13 of 15
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Great that the judgements are paid.  I am fortunate enough to have never had a judgement (my debts were all too small for anyone to bother suing).  This means I am not the person to get advice from.  Search this forum for "vacate judgement" and you will find lots of examples.  There is a strong possibility you can get them vacated, so just try and try and try.

UoP, definitely dispute that if you say you shouldn't have been billed anything.  If you need to, contact the higher ups at UoP.  Again, they are common around here, so seek out threads about them and ask others who have dealt with them for contacts, etc.

As for the money, I would start with First Premier, as it is the newest debt.  I would try to do a PFD for that.  If it were me, I would just try to PFD the rest of your debts.  You can offer a settlement or the full amount.  I always start with a settlement myself.  If a debt is paid, start sending GW letters.  With some hard work and time on your part and the help of this great community, you will see results.

Jimbo is on his game!

Here is my take.

Your credit is not unlike mine was when I first started 18 months ago. So rest easy! You got this! So these are my suggestions. Everyone has different opinions, and some may completely disagree with me, however, this is what I would do in your position. So take it for what its worth Smiley Happy  Others should chime in soon! The key to credit score, is if you are already in the 'dirty' scoring bucket (having negative factors) you need to know what is doing the most damage and for how long. Until you get EVERY collection, charge off, or public record off, you are being scored in that bucket. I am still in that bucked, but my highest FICO is 722. It can be done. You need to age these negatives (the ones you cannot get deleted) and restablish some positive trade lines. I started with an authorized user account (a friend put me on a credit card with no balance, and didn't give me the card) -- Once I increased out of the 400s into the 560 range, I got a Capital One secured card, once I got near 600, I got a Credit One unescured ect ect...  It can be done. I was under 500 in October of 2010 and now I am over 700. I was actually to 700 in about 13 months. 

I had some luck with PFDs, but I deleted 8+ accounts by paying in full, and then sending a good will letter asking for deletion. They usually are more open to a deletion if you have paid them in full, especially if its one of those collection companies that paid 8 cents on the dollar for your debt.

Even if a company offered to settle, if the debt was small enough, I ALWAYS paid in full. It made it easier to good will things away in my personal experience.An example would be, if the collection account was, oh, 213 dollars. They would offer a settlement for 130. I would say no thanks, I will pay in full. Only one time did this come back to burn me, but others have had issues, so its kind of tenious approach but it is what I did.

Learn the FDCPA and FCRA. Honestly: Go look at RobertEG's user profile, and read threads he has posted on. I still do this every couple weeks. haha. He knows the statutes inside and out. You will get great advice and know the laws that help protect you, and give you the edge in certain situations.

Another huge thing to remember: One the account hits your credit file, the damage is done essentially. Paying it off in most cases will not help your credit score. It will help peace of mind, and potential to be sued on these debts will go away.

My suggestions are in blue:

After pulling the reports and looking at dates,the 3 judgments have dates of "continue on record" until Sep 2013(medical) and  Feb. (car repo)and Sep 2014(medical) So that at least gives me an idea of when I can start to have a life again Smiley Happy  At this point are these still having a huge impact? All public records have huge impact. If these are paid,, you might want to consider contacting ALL the parties related to the judgments. Often, once you pay it off, they will let you petition for a vacate; which will remove the listing.

I have 5 medical accounts from DOFD 2006,(during divorce he took kids off his insurance and I did not know) 1 5th3rd account that should have been listed as exhusbands only from at least 2005,but it says individual  opened 2011.

Even if the collection account is OPENED in 2011, the DOFD on the original medical debt is what matters so that one shouldn't stay any longer than the ones you listed. Are these debts you are considering paying or not? Have you checked your SOL on these debts? If you cannot be sued for the debt and can't pay them, those don't have too long to go before they fall off. If the debts arent too big, you can PFD attempt. If that doesn't work, you can try to pay in full and then use the HIPAA process (google for more infor, we can't really talk about it on this forum)

Medical debts are often omitted by lenders, as often times they are caused my hardships.  Example: I had one open medical, and my LO stated I didn't need to pay it. I did anyway, but ya know.

2 FFCC-COLUMBUS INC $700.00 This account is scheduled to continue on record until Aug 2014. and Nov.2014 I have no idea what these are for.

You should send a DV letter to find out what this debt is. If this debt is something you feel you owe, you should consider PFD on them, if it is not an account belonging to you, you could consider disputing it. My personal experience (as someone who had 21 collection accounts, and have removed 17 to date) is that if you are this far in the hole already, it probably is your debt Smiley Happy

FIRST PREMIER BANK  $375 Date Opened:01/2010 Status Details:  This account is scheduled to continue on record until Apr 2018

Is this account a collection? A charge off? If it is showing a balance, that means you can still pay First Premier potentially.  These guys suck, they rarely do GW and they rarely do PFD, but if the account is already negative, the damage is done. PIF would bring the balance to $0, whcih could help overall utilization if it is being factored. It may still be factored if it is listing in your accounts and not as collection. Esp. if you have credit cards or intend on getting cards in the future.

PHYSICIANS CREDIT BUREAU  $147 This account is scheduled to continue on record until Apr 2013.

Is this a medical? You can follow similar suggestion to the other medical accounts.

LVNV FUNDING, LLC  $254 This account is scheduled to continue on record until Dec 2013.

I just took care of a bogus LVNV Funding account using a better business bureau complaint. They never sent me a dunning notification on it, and it worked to get it removed. You could also send them a DV, but they never seem to respond, just check all the threads on here. People have had varying degrees of luck with this company. These guys are vultures, but they play fast and loose with the law. You can use that to your advantage. Look at my last couple threads on my profile, you will see all about how I handled them.

PINNACLE CREDIT SERVICES  $60 This account is scheduled to continue on record until Jan 2014.

These little accounts are always great for PFDs. Often times you will have success.

These are some suggestions I came up with!

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 14 of 15
jlcd

Update on my process.

I am now an Excel junkie!

Anyway I think I have formulated a tentative plan for rebuilding my credit over the next couple years.

Here are my worst offenders listed in order of fall off date.Second column is fall off date,Month/Year

1/25/2010May-18FST PREMIERCredit Card
11/27/2010Jan-18FingerhutCredit Card
1/17/2012Nov-16Midland/TmobileMisc 1
Dec-09Jan-16UoPStudent Loan/Fighting this one
12/19/2011Nov-15MeadeMedical
3/24/2011Apr-15MeadeMedical
7/11/2008Jan-15FFCC-COLMBUSMedical
5/7/2008Oct-14FFCC-COLMBUSMedical
9/18/2007Aug-14JudgementJudgement
7/31/2007Jun-14Park NatJudgement
9/23/2011Feb-14LVNV FUNDINGMisc 1
2/26/2007Jan-14judgmentJudgment
9/25/2006Aug-13JudgmentJudgment
10/2/2006Jun-13PCBMedical

What I am wondering mainly is;the 3 judgments I have(which are paid) fall of in 2013 and 2014,I can't do anything about these they just have to age out.

But...do I pay off the ones that will fall off between now and then?Or do I just let them go and pay off the ones after the judgments fall off dates?

I would rather pay the ones that are going to be sitting there for extra time than worry about ones that are going to disappear sooner.I am squeamish about not paying them just because I do owe them,but in the long run I simply don't have enough money to get them all paid at this time.

Or can someone suggest a way for me to pay them all but in a certain way to do the most good by the time the judgments age out?

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.