Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result from dispute (2nd Tim)

tag
Bdaddy23

Result from dispute (2nd Tim)

Hi and thank you in advance.

I have a negative account on my credit  that i know does not belong to me as i still have an open account with them. I originally disputed it with the CRA and it came back verified, after i received the results i sent a certified letter to the CRA asking to them to please provide the means/process on how that information was verified (because it it was actually done, it should no longer be on my report), well today i got their repose.

"We verified that this item belongs to you. This account has been updated, additional information has been provided from the original source regarding this item.."

The account is from Macy's

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Result from dispute (2nd Tim)

@Bdaddy23 wrote:

I have a negative account on my credit  that i know does not belong to me as i still have an open account with them. I originally disputed it with the CRA and it came back verified, after i received the results i sent a certified letter to the CRA asking to them to please provide the means/process on how that information was verified (because it it was actually done, it should no longer be on my report), well today i got their repose.

"We verified that this item belongs to you. This account has been updated, additional information has been provided from the original source regarding this item.."

Thank you for sharing the data point.

Did you have a question? Perhaps, a member can address it?

Message 2 of 5
cyrusvalentino
Frequent Contributor

You stated that you have an active account with them. Have you tried to speak to their credit disputes team? They can likely locate the fictious account, and either provide information on it or verify it is not yours and have it removed.

Starting Score (12/01/2021):

Current Score (03/01/2022):

Goal Score (01/01/2023):

Other Stats:

Message 3 of 5
Bdaddy23

it would probably help if i asked a question ... Its been that kind of day.

So my questions would be, is this common? does this make sense? How is asking them to provide proof and the process on how they verified this information answered with them saying its verified with the original source

@AllZero wrote:

@Bdaddy23 wrote:

Thank you for sharing the data point.

Did you have a question? Perhaps, a member can address it?

Message 4 of 5
Bdaddy23

@cyrusvalentino wrote:

You stated that you have an active account with them. Have you tried to speak to their credit disputes team? They can likely locate the fictious account, and either provide information on it or verify it is not yours and have it removed.

I have contacted Macys and spoken to their credit dispute team. Under my SSN only 1 accounts shows which i have had since 2003, they say that cant remove any other account if they can not find it. 

My dad and i share the same name but he pasted away a few years back. The only thing that i can think of if they are somehow attaching me to his account.  I did bring that up to them but without his SSN they cant confirm that. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.