Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results from anyone who has used My Jewelers Club

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Results from anyone who has used My Jewelers Club

This post is for anyone who has already used My Jewelers Club to establish the $5,000 line of credit and has had it report. What kind of improvements have you seen to your credit since then? I know it will be hard to say exactly what was caused by just MJC since most of us are doing several things at once but I'm just looking for estimates, guess, ballpark ideas, etc. I know it also depensd on your existing credit limits and much more, but again, I'm just looking peoples stories who have used MJC.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 152
151 REPLIES 151
mrldp40
Established Contributor

Re: Results from anyone who has used My Jewelers Club

Bump very interested  also

ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 2 of 152
aplast
Regular Contributor

@mrldp40 wrote:

I applied for this account about a week and a half ago and it reported to the CB's yesterday. Has definintley helped me. I am like right around 600 right now and it has raised my score 10 points upon reporting and will hopefully build upon that and have other creditors give me cli's based on this higher limit. Utilization is currently at 20%.

Message 3 of 152
Anonymous
Not applicable

@aplast wrote:

@mrldp40 wrote:

I applied for this account about a week and a half ago and it reported to the CB's yesterday. Has definintley helped me. I am like right around 600 right now and it has raised my score 10 points upon reporting and will hopefully build upon that and have other creditors give me cli's based on this higher limit. Utilization is currently at 20%.

I have also been trying to find info on MJC. Were you given the full $5,000 line of revolving credit with your credit score?

Message 4 of 152
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

I applied for the My Jeweler Club account on Dec 19, 2016. Approved for the full $5000. Showed on Transunion and Equifax on 1/6/16, according to Credit Karma and Wallet Hub. 1% Util. Fako scored only went up by 2 pts. Have to wait 3 more days to refresh reports with CCT to check if received a boost to FICO scores. Keep in mind that I have other things going on as well (added several new accts). So, there's a reason for very little score boost. Overall, with adding this acct, my overall util went from 19% down to 7%, so that's a help in and of itself. Will report back in 3 days.
Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 5 of 152
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ls2016 wrote:
I applied for the My Jeweler Club account on Dec 19, 2016. Approved for the full $5000. Showed on Transunion and Equifax on 1/6/16, according to Credit Karma and Wallet Hub. 1% Util. Fako scored only went up by 2 pts. Have to wait 3 more days to refresh reports with CCT to check if received a boost to FICO scores. Keep in mind that I have other things going on as well (added several new accts). So, there's a reason for very little score boost. Overall, with adding this acct, my overall util went from 19% down to 7%, so that's a help in and of itself. Will report back in 3 days.

What were your scores when approved for full 5k?

Message 6 of 152
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

Fico 8: Ex. 630, Tu. 640, Eq. 637
Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 7 of 152
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ls2016 wrote:
Fico 8: Ex. 630, Tu. 640, Eq. 637

That's incredible. For people that have similar scores, with very low CC limits, it seems like this would do WONDERS for overall credit limits and util. I mean I might apply to this before a secured card. 

Message 8 of 152
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got MJC back in October, reported last the end of November although still have/paying a balance. No real change in CS thats significant. This month is my last month paying a balance and I will call Monday to address reporting. WalletHub lists the account as a charge account and doesn't include it in utilization.. is it actually factored into your revolving util with Fico?
Message 9 of 152
mrldp40
Established Contributor

That suck i just signed up and was hoping for a big boost
ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 10 of 152
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.