Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results from anyone who has used My Jewelers Club

tag
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

Re: Results from anyone who has used My Jewelers Club

Don't be discouraged. Credit Karma has it factored into util as my util decreased from 13% to 7% once MJC reported. Wallet Hub doesn't show util (at least not for me). It is listed as a charge account, but so is my fingerhut account and it is factored into util. I'll know for sure once I'm able to view my Fico scores in 3 days from CCT.
Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 11 of 152
mrldp40
Established Contributor

Thanks please update when u pull cct
ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 12 of 152
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrldp40 wrote:
That suck i just signed up and was hoping for a big boost

As someone else said, don't be discouraged. Everybody's situation is different and a $5,000 line may have substanially different effets on different people.For someone with low credit, few accounts, and low available credit, it's going to have a much larger impact than it will for someone with many open accounts, a high score, and a an abundance of available credit.

I'm about a month into my rebuilding process and will be signing up for MJC as soon as I find something worth buying.

Message 13 of 152
mrldp40
Established Contributor

I just bought the first thing i saw lol jewelry isnt the purpose of this account lol
Message 14 of 152
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that but if I'm spending $200 minimum then I at least want to get something I can either wear or gift. I don't like or need any of the men's rings and the watches only have pictures for like 15% of them. Eventually I'll take the time to page through them and probably buy a dress watch.
Message 15 of 152
mrldp40
Established Contributor

Yea i got a ring its a gift for my mom .good luck with the rebuild
Message 16 of 152
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't waste your time. My husband  and I both signed up for a discounted rate of $89 each. At first it worked great our score was going up quickly. 3 months in our scores began to drop just as quickly and it was because they stopped reporting to the credit agencies and so when I spent $50 of a $300 credit card it had me utilizing 17% of a total $300 instead of 1% of a total $5,300. I called them and they said they were working on it but in the mean time my score has dropped so far that a come back would take 2 solid years. It's not worth it if they don't have their crap together. More importantly I paid for this and am getting screwed. My husband is up for renewal in 8 days but we will not give them one dime. I am up in 6 months and I refuse. We really deserve our money back. No matter how big a problem they are having on their company side the credit bureaus will not fix that for you. This is madness. Also the cost of the jewelery is way too high. This is the worst costume jewlery ever. Its all very TINY and has a rusted quality but comes in a pretty velvet like bag. You  are better off buying from a dollar store.

Message 17 of 152
mrldp40
Established Contributor

Uggg i knew i should have waited hopefully hey get it straight soon i dont mind paying if they do what they said they would do
Message 18 of 152
aplast
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@aplast wrote:

@mrldp40 wrote:

Bump very interested  also

I applied for this account about a week and a half ago and it reported to the CB's yesterday. Has definintley helped me. I am like right around 600 right now and it has raised my score 10 points upon reporting and will hopefully build upon that and have other creditors give me cli's based on this higher limit. Utilization is currently at 20%.

I have also been trying to find info on MJC. Were you given the full $5,000 line of revolving credit with your credit score?

Yes, I was given the full $5,000 line of revolving credit.

Message 19 of 152
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

To each it's own! The good thing about my decision to sign up for MJC is that I was/is aware of the pros and cons. My credit is already shot, so MJC can't do that much more harm. And, I'm loving my $100 play-play diamond bracelet as I wouldn't dare wear an expensive piece of jewelry with a 600 credit score. Lol. Too all that are unhappy...sorry. Take it as a learning experience. When you know better, you do better!
Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 20 of 152
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.