Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resurgent Capital Services aka LVNV Funding Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Resurgent Capital Services aka LVNV Funding Collections

I have been emailing, and sending letter asking for PFD but I haven't got a response.  They just keep ignoring me.

Anybody that has dealt with them and gotten a positive result?!

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Resurgent Capital Services aka LVNV Funding Collections

They are not showing on my CR, but I have a recent charge off that was sold to LVNV and I have been receiving emails from "Michele" at Resurgent wanting to discuss my options....I've been afraid to acknowledge them. Brand new to these forums and just beginning my rebuild journey.  

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My LVNV account was sent to a law firm. After some back and forth I settled $815 for $326 and change. After a few weeks I got a notice on CK that a collection account had been removed. Didnt inquire about PFD. Waiting for 2 more to update on CK before I pull my free annual reports to see if it was truly removed or if it was just removed from the collections status group.
Message 3 of 9
Fx6cowboy
Contributor

Send a letter asking about the information as to what the debt is about. Never say you dont owe the debt, but as a 3rd party make them prove that it is yours to begin with. If you are going to communicate, I recommend always sending letters out notrized and via certified mail with a return recepit instead of emails. These CAs are nothing to be scared of. You got this!

Started from the bottom now I'm here. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very odd debt collector. I also have charge offs from "Resurgent" but it's also listed as CACH LLC on my credit reports. I have tried PFD's as well and havent recieved anything back. Let me know if you get anywhere, please.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't find Resurgent odd at all.

LVNV funding was listed on my wifes reports. She had 2. One was reporting and one wasn't. I started by calling the phone number listed on her credit reports. There is enough information here on the forum of success stories. In our case, the debt was settled in Jan of 2017. The original creditor was Credit One. I called both of them and LVNV removed it, it wasn't that hard. Credit One required an email and within like 3 weeks it was removed.

For me, I get better search results via google... "LVNV success pfd myfico" and usually some helpfull links will show up there. 

There are multiple ways to reach out to these people...the phone numbers listed on the reports are a good start and if they can't help they most likely will point you in the right direction. And if you don't get what you want or need the first time keep calling and calling. 

I haven't had much luck with PFD letters... my bread and butter is talking to an actual person to convey my interest and my intention and personally speaking emails work too. This day and age an email is just as good as any letter.

Moral of my story is that Resurgent/LVNV and Credit One no longer exist on mine or my wifes CR because I searched the forum for the information I needed and didn't stop until I had the results I wanted. 

Stay vigilant and work it. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you recall having to speak to a supervisor or anything different when you contacted lvnv Armymed? I have called them probably 12times spoke to multiple people and each time they just say we don't offer PFD but they can update the account.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just paid Resurgent/LVNV Funding in full this past week. I spoke with 4 different people who all claimed that PFD is not an option. It may be possible to catch the right person on the right day, but my research shows very little success with them. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah they dont play nice at all

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.