cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Resurrected) On the right track...maybe (Our Rebuilding Journal)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: On the right track...maybe

Not a huge update. No updates to any of our accounts or credit scores yet. I did however click on a random Cap1 product change link found in the forums, and surprisingly they had an offer to upgrade my Platinum to a QS. Same APR and CL, but with cash back. I don't know how they determine eligibility for these offers, but with a history chock full of late payments, recent late payments (90 Day in Jan 2020), and a high average balance over the last year (All prior to rebuilding), I wasn't about to let it slip away. I accepted and my Platinum was upgraded to a QS. Feels like a win to me.

Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

HUGE UPDATE!!

Sorry for resurrecting my old post. Just wanted to provide an update. 

Sense my last update, my wife and I committed to working on our budget and getting our current financial house in order before moving on to the old stuff. We were lucky enough to not have any employment issues during the pandemic and we successfully set up our budget (and stuck to it). We had some money saved up and with our taxes and stimulus coming in we were comfortable (and able) to resolve ALL  of our outstanding debt except for our student loans! We came into this with 10 accounts making up $38,506 in non-SL debt, and we were able to resolve all of it for less than 28% of the total that we owed! We are beyond excited to have this massive load lifted from our shoulders!

There is still plenty of work to be done though. All in all, we had 22 baddies on our CR's. After the dust settles from our recent settlements, we will have had 13 of those removed. 8 of those are OC's from credit card CO's, and 1 is the CO from our auto loan. The auto loan CO will naturally roll off in or around May 2022, but 5 of the cc CO's have DOFD's in 2019 so hopefully by 2026 at the latest we will have clean reports. But for now we will start to garden my 2 Cap1 cards, and the wife was recently approved for her own $500 Cap1 card. We will commence with the GW Saturation and let time start to take effect on our bad stuff!  

Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

HUGE UPDATE!!

Sorry for resurrecting my old post. Just wanted to provide an update. 

Sense my last update, my wife and I committed to working on our budget and getting our current financial house in order before moving on to the old stuff. We were lucky enough to not have any employment issues during the pandemic and we successfully set up our budget (and stuck to it). We had some money saved up and with our taxes and stimulus coming in we were comfortable (and able) to resolve ALL  of our outstanding debt except for our student loans! We came into this with 10 accounts making up $38,506 in non-SL debt, and we were able to resolve all of it for less than 28% of the total that we owed! We are beyond excited to have this massive load lifted from our shoulders!

There is still plenty of work to be done though. All in all, we had 22 baddies on our CR's. After the dust settles from our recent settlements, we will have had 13 of those removed. 8 of those are OC's from credit card CO's, and 1 is the CO from our auto loan. The auto loan CO will naturally roll off in or around May 2022, but 5 of the cc CO's have DOFD's in 2019 so hopefully by 2026 at the latest we will have clean reports. But for now we will start to garden my 2 Cap1 cards, and the wife was recently approved for her own $500 Cap1 card. We will commence with the GW Saturation and let time start to take effect on our bad stuff!  

Congrats on the progress! That is huge to overcome so much! Keep us posted on how the GWs turn out and how your scores improve as the baddies drop!

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.