Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Receipt -- Texas DV Letter

tag
renamariee
Contributor

Return Receipt -- Texas DV Letter

So I sent out a Texas DV letter to (Commonwealth Financial) and I got back my return receipt... except they didn't date it so I have no proof of when 30 days from date received is. Can they do this? I mean I sent it certified so I saw when it was received but yeah... That's super shady and kind of irked me since I don't know what I should do in this situation.

Starting Score: 587
Current Score: 637
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Return Receipt -- Texas DV Letter

Look up the tracking number for the letter on the USPS website. It'll have the date it was delivered. I think you can set up email alerts for when it gets delivered too, even after the fact. I had to do that once.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just did a pfd with them pald less than half and got a pfd same day my emai fid this last week they were easy to deal with
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The TX DV process mandates that they respond within 30 days of your request.

Their response is not required to include validation.  Their response can simply state that they are not yet prepared to send validation.

The purpose of the mandated response period is that if they dont provide validation, the TX code then requires that they delete their reported collection.

Thus, the date of their receipt is only relevant if they fail to respond within the statutory period, and thus determines your next step, such as contesting any lack of deletion should their response not include validation.

I would wait until the period has expired based on your proven date of receipt before making any issue of the receipt date.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.