Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reward for score increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reward for score increase

I don't know whether to laugh or cry about this. I got an offer for a First Premier Aventium card today. My score increase apparently caught the eye of the most predatorial of predatory lenders. I think I'd rather just hang out in my tiny garden for another 6 months. Funny, in a sad, disheartening kind of way.
I want an unsecured non-store card, but I don't want one that bad. Not even to pad utilization! <Sigh> patience is a virtue...
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reward for score increase

Patience truly is a virtue, but your efforts will definitely pay off in the end.  I'll tip a glass for you when the bottom feeders stop filling up your mailbox and better cards show up at your door, like, "What you doin' tonight?"  That's how I imagine the feeling is like to be at that point Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds good to me! Right now the offers I'm getting are looking more like the 40 year old virgin with a crack habit that lives in his mom's basement and picks his nose. Hard pass on those 😂😂
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well as of today I have recieved offers from the "big 3" predatory lenders. Credit one emails me at least twice a week, yesterday was First Premier's offer and today...insert drumroll here...Indigo card sent me a pre-selected offer. Well I guess someone is noticing my hard work anyway 😝
Message 5 of 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I can relate. Finally got a preapproval in the mail and it was from Credit One. 😂

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.