cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rookie and need help with PRA

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
New Visitor

Rookie and need help with PRA

Hello recently ive been looking to repair my credit, checked on credit karma and I have 2 accounts with Portfolio Recovery Associates, both $900, they are both 4 years old. Should I settle and it will be removed from my credit history or should I pay in full and it will be removed? Sorry for the rookie questions. Any tips? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Senior Contributor

Re: Rookie and need help with PRA

Call them up and seek a settlement offer on both of them. And yes since your past 2 yrs. They will delete them from your CR's. Good Luck!

My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 2 of 4
Established Contributor

You can do either one and they will remove no matter how old it is. I dealt with them recently and settled an 8 month old account and they deleted 30 days later with no problem.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
Established Contributor

They have a pretty good pouch of deletion now.
I would not pay it in full before calling up and asking for a settlement. If you settle for less they will still delete.
Starting Score: EX 641 TU 631 EQ 669
Current Score: EX 714 TU 718 EQ 713 (EQ9 735)
Goal Scores: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.