Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rookie here! Advice...please?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rookie here! Advice...please?

Hello All! I've been lurking around this forum for awhile, and have gotten some very worthwhile information. My DH and I are trying to buy our first home, and we're trying to get our credit in order. We would like to qualify for a home within the next 3-6 months. I've got a pretty good grasp our CRs, we married young (12 years and still going strong!!) and we didn't realize how bad our decisions at the time would affect us, this many years later.

Both of our mid scores are around 550. Our util  on ccs are pretty high, but we plan on paying those to 5% next week (Thanks stimulus check!). I know this should help out some, but our only other installment loan is a Chase car loan that we just got 12/07. We're working with credit repair service (I know, I know bad idea. Poor advice from original LO - $850 mistake) they have managed to get several items deleted and have disputed many more. My question,
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rookie here! Advice...please?

Sorry....it's late.

Is there anything we can do to boost our scores in a relatively short amount of time? I don't want to apply for any new cards because of the mortgage we're hoping to get.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've seen many successes on these boards and hoping that our family will soon be one of them.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying down your CC's will give your the biggest boost...I've read...10-15 points...for every 10% you lower your UTL...other than that...if you have lates....send a GW letter to the company....if you have paid collections...send a GW tot he company for removal...you would have to post accounts...to get detailed help...
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW- I didn't know that.  That is definitely an incentative to get my CC paid down.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.