Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCA Collections Goodwill Success!!!

tag
nativenyer
Frequent Contributor

SCA Collections Goodwill Success!!!

I'm happy to report that my goodwill letter was a success.  I've had difficulty speaking to anyone at this business because they don't answer the numbers that are listed.  I couldn't negotiate a pay for delete.  I went ahead and paid the collection and decided to go the route of a goodwill deletion.  The contact page had an email form there.  I put in my personal information and copied and pasted my goodwill letter into the comment section and sent it.  

I heard nothing from them for a month.

Then I remembered I hadn't heard from them so I tried again this week with the same message and same goodwill letter.  Then I received a letter that did not have their name on the envelope.  Opened it up and the letter was short but stated they have "sent the information to the credit bureaus for removal of the item from your credit report."  What a wonderful surprise!!  Glad this happened quickly because I was prepared to email them weekly.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SCA Collections Goodwill Success!!!

Congrats! Good job!
Message 2 of 7
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

WTG!!👍

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What did your goodwill letter say?

I mailed them a letter asking to verify debt and they mailed me a copy of 2 pathology tests that were probably mine from when I was in the hospital. 

I called and spoke to 2 different people and they both said there was no reason to delete if I pay in full. 

I want this off my credit and not sure what the best next step is 

Message 4 of 7
nativenyer
Frequent Contributor

Basically, I acknowledged that the debt was mine. I had already paid the debt, which I mentioned, and stated how I had had major surgery and somehow, while trying to pay the larger hospital and other associated bills while dealing with a loss of income, somehow that one bill slipped past my radar.  I also explained that I was rebuilding my credit from that time and respectfully ask that they help me by deleting the account from my report.  I emailed the request to them and they responded to my by regular mail.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went ahead and paid them last week event though they told me they don't do PFD.  Then I immediately sent a GW letter via their web form.  I'm hoping they will delete these 2 accounts since they are my last derrogs on my credit reports.  I'll keep sending letters if needed.

How long did it take for you to get a letter back from them and how long til they actually deleted?

Message 6 of 7
nativenyer
Frequent Contributor

I sent it twice and then they mailed me a response stating they were deleting.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.