Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOL in Nebraska Question

tag
Donks3369
Established Contributor

SOL in Nebraska Question

I have a collection item on my credit report from a previous apartment.  I'm disputing this but that is a different matter.  On my CR it states the Date Reported as 05/2005.  Also, the estimated date that the item will be removed is 08/2010.  On another CR it lists date opened as 05/2005 and estimated date it will fall off as 06/2010. 

My question is, what would be the SOL on this.  Also, would 05/2005 be the DOFD?  It doesn't list any other dates.  Thanks.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SOL in Nebraska Question

SOL would prob. be 6 years....unless it has nothing to do with signing a lease.

DOFD is date of first default    DOLA is date of last payment

The date reported means......the last time that it was reported by this creditoe (OC or CA)

If this is a CA reporting I would NOT disput it!  In doing so you are telling the CA to get ready. It also will update the report date & FICO will read it as new.

If it is a CA   send a DV  CMRRR

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-14-2008 03:44 PM
Message 2 of 6
Donks3369
Established Contributor

Well, it has the Date Placed for Collections as 05/2005 and the Date Updated as 09/2005, on TU

On EXP is has same Date Opened as 05/2005, Reported Since 09/2005, and Last Date reported as 06/2008. 

It is not reporting on EQ.

So how do I find out the DOFD?  Should I send a DV letter?  I don't want to awaken the third CRA.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im guessing that this is from rent..............when did you move?
Message 4 of 6
Donks3369
Established Contributor

It's a very long story, it involves a maintenance man almost assaulting me, so they move me and my girlfriend at the time to another one of their properties.  We didn't have much choice in our location.  So the upstairs neighbors are being really noisy, we call security but they don't have to codes to the building so they can never complete reports. 

We go through the process of complaining and writing 15 day letters to the apartment complex.  They don't address any of our issues and then don't even pick up the letters we send them certified.  So we moved out after following the law that gives them time to rectify the problems.  I believe we moved out in 2005.  Suddenly this hits my CR in 2008 with no warning.  They want $843 to clear it up.  I'm not paying this on principle alone.  I want my credit better but they screwed me. 

I'm not sure where to go with this now.  Any thoughts?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Donks3369 wrote:
It's a very long story, it involves a maintenance man almost assaulting me, so they move me and my girlfriend at the time to another one of their properties.  We didn't have much choice in our location.  So the upstairs neighbors are being really noisy, we call security but they don't have to codes to the building so they can never complete reports. 

We go through the process of complaining and writing 15 day letters to the apartment complex.  They don't address any of our issues and then don't even pick up the letters we send them certified.  So we moved out after following the law that gives them time to rectify the problems.  I believe we moved out in 2005.  Suddenly this hits my CR in 2008 with no warning.  They want $843 to clear it up.  I'm not paying this on principle alone.  I want my credit better but they screwed me. 

I'm not sure where to go with this now.  Any thoughts?

If you went through all the proper steps that your state requires for breaking a release and can prove this, you could file suit.

You could try filing a complaint with the AG or BBB first.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 07-14-2008 07:49 PM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.