cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOL on Chase Auto Loan Question (Edited)

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Member

SOL on Chase Auto Loan Question (Edited)

First off, i want to thank you all for taking time to answer all the questions here. I also know that i'm rushing in asking a lot of questions, I apologise for that but this one Deliq/Negative account that i have on my report is eating away my mind. 

So here it goes. This JCPMB Account was

Opened : 06/19/2012.

DoFD : 07/01/2015

Date of last Payment: 03/01/2016.

Date Reported : 04/30/2018

Charge Off Amount : $11,116

Balance: $3,587 (Does this mean that the Vehicle was auctioned and they recovered around $7.6K and balance $3,587 is showing up on CRs ?)

Amount Past Due: $3,587

i have 2 ways to deal with it. Either wait on it to do its 7 years time and fall off CR in Apr 2022 (or) talk to JCPMB to Pay in Full and ask for PFD.

But, that leaves me with couple of questions about the later part. I have no Knowledge of what an SOL is. I read around that SOL is the timeframe when the OC can actually go after you and sue you in the court. 

Now, Questions : (Details in the Screenshot below)

1. How do i know if my account is STILL in that SOL timeframe and OC could anytime Sue me (or) this account is way past its time for OC to even consider suing me anymore ?
  2. If i now PIF and ask for PFD, will that reset the SOL time (if there is any)

P.S: Auto Loan was taken in California 06/2012. vehicle got Repo'ed in NJ 01/2016.

AutoLoanDoFD.JPG

Edit : Here is what the EX Report says . Account Charged off. $11,116. Written off. $3,587 past due as of Mar 2018

AutoLoanDoFD.JPG

11/10/2018 EX :540 TU : 525 EQ : 535
10/20/19 EX :671 TU: 665 EQ: 671
11/7/19 EX: 676 TU: 673 EQ: 676
Together we can come out of this mess.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Contributor

Re: SOL on Chase Auto Loan Question (Edited)

@Chestnut1 wrote:

First off, i want to thank you all for taking time to answer all the questions here. I also know that i'm rushing in asking a lot of questions, I apologise for that but this one Deliq/Negative account that i have on my report is eating away my mind. 

So here it goes. This JCPMB Account was

Opened : 06/19/2012.

DoFD : 07/01/2015

Date of last Payment: 03/01/2016.

Date Reported : 04/30/2018

Charge Off Amount : $11,116

Balance: $3,587 (Does this mean that the Vehicle was auctioned and they recovered around $7.6K and balance $3,587 is showing up on CRs ?) Yep.

Amount Past Due: $3,587

i have 2 ways to deal with it. Either wait on it to do its 7 years time and fall off CR in Apr 2022 (or) talk to JCPMB to Pay in Full and ask for PFD. Charge off accounts are hard or next to impossible to get PFD. Car loans especially.

But, that leaves me with couple of questions about the later part. I have no Knowledge of what an SOL is. I read around that SOL is the timeframe when the OC can actually go after you and sue you in the court. Each state has their own SOL. And yes its the end for legal actions. But they still can attempt to collect the debt.

Now, Questions : (Details in the Screenshot below)

1. How do i know if my account is STILL in that SOL timeframe and OC could anytime Sue me (or) this account is way past its time for OC to even consider suing me anymore ? You typed it above: DoFD : 07/01/2015 Then add your states SOL and that will be the date for fall off.
  2. If i now PIF and ask for PFD, will that reset the SOL time (if there is any) Nope.

P.S: Auto Loan was taken in California 06/2012. vehicle got Repo'ed in NJ 01/2016.

AutoLoanDoFD.JPG

Edit : Here is what the EX Report says . Account Charged off. $11,116. Written off. $3,587 past due as of Mar 2018

AutoLoanDoFD.JPG

There's a grey area on SOL from where you opened the account and where you moved to. Its a see saw situation and no clear answer really. CA is 4 yrs NJ 6 yrs.

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC at 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game. Pay it Forward!
Message 2 of 3
Established Member

Re: SOL on Chase Auto Loan Question (Edited)

Thanks a lot for clarifying my questions. However, if you noticed on the second screenshot ( Report from EX ). It says Written Off.  Now, that leads me into thinking if this Loan Balance was actually written off ?. if yes, i got no communication from the bank whatsoever ex : Form 1099 etc so i could report this to IRS and pay taxes there considering this loan amount is written off. Or or , it is still pending as CO with the bank. That i will give a call and ask the bank.

11/10/2018 EX :540 TU : 525 EQ : 535
10/20/19 EX :671 TU: 665 EQ: 671
11/7/19 EX: 676 TU: 673 EQ: 676
Together we can come out of this mess.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.