Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOUTHWEST CREDIT SYSTEMS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOUTHWEST CREDIT SYSTEMS

Any ideas how I should deal with these.. jerks? I saw a collection appear on my exp account the other day dropping me from a 746 to 676. Seems a little steep but have heard that 1 collection can do that. It is from southwest credit systems for a T-mobile account from 2014 which is out of the 5 year SOL for florida where I live. I saw on exp that it is on record until Dec 2020. They also slapped my other 2 CRAs. I have tried calling T-mobile to see if they will recall the debt and they state they cant. I called the CA and they will settle for less, but refuse to delete the debt from report stating they will update it to paid or settled. I honestly dont understand what they have to gain when they know the debt is out of SOL, and not too far from removal from credit report. i would think that would be their #1 tactic. Have any of you had accounts with these people? Is it worth taking action or letting this disappear in 10 months? Really stressed and frustrated. I dont need any new accounts in the near future, but always worried that current lenders might get spooked. I always pay in full and keep uti around 3% so hoping that will be enough. 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SOUTHWEST CREDIT SYSTEMS

I'm so glad I found this. The exact same thing happened to me this week with Southwest Credit Systems and an old account with T-Mobile from 2014 expected to fall off this July. 

It dropped my Transunion score by some 80 points! The collection had been on my credit report before so I'm not understanding why it's impacting my credit as if it were new. This is beyond frustrating.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there. I'm not sure either. They seem to be attacking at the wrong time. Even stranger to me that they are refusing pay for deletes when that's about the only option they have. I'm sure once it is too old to be on the credit report they will want to sell it off again. As for the 80 points I've heard if you have zero negatives prior to the collection it's normal for your Fico to take a big hit. Lucky yours will be history pretty soon. Have you contacted the collection agency? 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know I'm not the only one. I contacted the collections agency and they were almost entirely incompetent. The agent couldn't pull any information using my name so insisted that I give my SSN which I refused. Was pretty unprofessional which led me to some concern.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It just sucks. Hopefully we can find someone who has been successful at working with these folks.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.