Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOl question needs answered

tag
reno55
Regular Contributor

SOl question needs answered

So after working with some members on here and doing some research I see that most of the types of collections (90%) on my reports fall under what I think is correct? I live in the State of Ohio which appears to be 4 years SOL legal action. Does this then mean as long as I see the DOFD past 4 years I am ok and out of range to be sued for judgement? What I am basing this on is tracing back from the date it is supposed to be removed from my reports. If that is the case I am realizing that im past legal SOL on ALOT of my collections.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SOl question needs answered

reno55 wrote:
So after working with some members on here and doing some research I see that most of the types of collections (90%) on my reports fall under what I think is correct? I live in the State of Ohio which appears to be 4 years SOL legal action. Does this then mean as long as I see the DOFD past 4 years I am ok and out of range to be sued for judgement? What I am basing this on is tracing back from the date it is supposed to be removed from my reports. If that is the case I am realizing that im past legal SOL on ALOT of my collections.

No, you base SOL on DOLA. With a CC, that could be date of your last payment, date you last charged something, etc.

Remeber SOL can be reset. In some states, if you acknowledge the debt is yours you reset SOL, if you make a payment you reset SOL, if you make a payment arrangement and dont' follow through you reset SOL.

Message 2 of 3
reno55
Regular Contributor

Re: SOl question needs answered

Ok but in most of these cases I have not made any payments to the CA's.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.