Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STATUS OF EXISTING / PRIOR DISCOVER CARD ACCOUNT

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

STATUS OF EXISTING / PRIOR DISCOVER CARD ACCOUNT

This post was on 6/22/2019

What are they saying with this code "STATUS OF EXISTING / PRIOR DISCOVER CARD ACCOUNT"

This post is on 6/22/2020

It is exactly 1 year from the last post on Discover Secured Card Application. For the fun of it I submitted the application for Discover Secured Credit Card. It is denied with the same message that I got a year ago. "STATUS OF EXISTING / PRIOR DISCOVER CARD ACCOUNT".

Will wait another 12 months and apply for secured card again and see what happens. I guess I took a hard inq on EX. I can live with that Hard.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: STATUS OF EXISTING / PRIOR DISCOVER CARD ACCOUNT

@Red1Blue wrote:

What are they saying with this code "STATUS OF EXISTING / PRIOR DISCOVER CARD ACCOUNT"

If that's on the denial for secured card, that means it's too soon for approval because of the charged off account Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 14
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I saw this message recently also when denied for CLI on both my cards after receiving multiple CLIs on each.

I was a little concerned since I burned them in the past but I just assumed it was new wording for not enough experience with current CL or I had reached my internal limit.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

No, that's Discover's version of " Previous unsatisfactory relationship" reason code 

You can get it on new apps and CLI requests till they get over it 

Message 4 of 14
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Any idea how long it takes Disco to get over it?
RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 5 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Two years minimum in most cases.
Message 6 of 14
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

That’s with a paid CO?
RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 7 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

After it's paid, yes. For some, it may take longer.
Message 8 of 14
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

No, that's Discover's version of " Previous unsatisfactory relationship" reason code 

Any idea why it would come up after getting two new cards and multiple CLIs over the last 2 years?

I have a 19k card and an 11k card.  Both have been used and paid and had no issues.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 9 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Any idea why it would come up after getting two new cards and multiple CLIs over the last 2 years?

I have a 19k card and an 11k card.  Both have been used and paid and had no issues.

It might have been too soon for CLI  and computer just "spewed" the top negative reason, or you might have reached internal max in terms of exposure. Either way, sounds like you just need more time before they will entertain an increase. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.