Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Said No to VERVE

tag
Lauraist
Valued Member

Said No to VERVE

LOL! 
VERVE is one of the cards I burned in BK 1.5 years ago. They were so nice to forgive me and send me a solicitation. (I am serious that it was nice of them.) However, I am wiser now than I was when I first had their card. Their solicitation is going straight to the trash. The 29.90% APR isn't a problem, but I promised myself: no more AFs or MFs. (Annual or Monthly Fees, LOL!) It feels good not to chase every CC I'm offered....

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Said No to VERVE

Good call. 

Message 2 of 4
SoonerSoldier33
Frequent Contributor

Right decision. Predatory cards with AF/MF and no grace period on interest can serve as a last resort means to an end for someone who destroyed their credit so bad that there's simply no other alternative to getting some positive reporting again, but man...They're just an absolutely awful cost of doing business. With secured card options from Discover and Cap One relatively easy to qualify for, there are just better options out there for rebuilding. Good call on your part.

Team Garden Club as of Oct 2021
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the verve card in 2015, it got sent to collections in early 2016 probably and I literally settled with that card last year, LOL, thanks unemployment. Of course my dumbass opened another one of those cards last year(before covid/settlement) and I just closed it this year because it was $99 AF started after the first year and $10 monthly fee! it was the first card I've ever closed on my own too. now that I know there's cards without annual fees, I never want to pay one again
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.