Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae - Experian Status Issue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sallie Mae - Experian Status Issue

Hi everyone, I'm hoping I can get a little insight here.  I defaulted on my student loans with SM in 2010 and went through a rehab program to get things back in order.  Now we are working on purchasing a home within the next 6 months and I've been looking at my credit reports and noticed that Experian is the only one that still shows my loans with SM to be derogatory and they all say "claim filed with government for payment".  TU and Equifax both show "transferred".  Is this something that I can simply ask SM to contact Experian to update?  Or is the status accurate even though I went through the rehab and the loans were transitioned to a new lender after I completed the program?

Off topic, but I don't understand the huge gap between TU and Experian (TU 626/Experian 518).  I know not all lenders report the same but that's a huge gap.

Any input would be appreciated.  I did see another topic on this earlier but it was a different scenario so hopefully someone can help.

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae - Experian Status Issue

You would have to contact Sallie Mae directly. That's what I had to do, and fax them in a copy of what was still showing on my reports and it was updated.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sallie Mae - Experian Status Issue

Thanks for the info.  I contacted SM and they referred me to Texas Guaranteed and the ball is rolling on getting a letter out to try and have the lines removed.

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.