Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same collection over and over

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same collection over and over

Hi everybody. I have the same collection that gets added every year. I bundled directv with my CenturyLink service and when I disconnected services DirecTV sent my account to collections. I ended up paying the full amount directly to them and they agreed to remove the collection. Shortly after CenturyLink sent that same account to collections. When I provided them the receipt (which was payed to DTV) they said I should have paid them. So double whammy. I keep disputing it everytime it shows up and it's a new collector each time. I'm just wondering what recourse I have here. Should I just pay CenturyLink too and ask them to remove it? Who would I even pay, CenturyLink or the collection agency? My fear is that I pay them (I would have paid that of twice if I do) and collections keep showing up. Thanks.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Same collection over and over

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi everybody. I have the same collection that gets added every year. I bundled directv with my CenturyLink service and when I disconnected services DirecTV sent my account to collections. I ended up paying the full amount directly to them and they agreed to remove the collection. Shortly after CenturyLink sent that same account to collections. When I provided them the receipt (which was payed to DTV) they said I should have paid them. So double whammy. I keep disputing it everytime it shows up and it's a new collector each time. I'm just wondering what recourse I have here. Should I just pay CenturyLink too and ask them to remove it? Who would I even pay, CenturyLink or the collection agency? My fear is that I pay them (I would have paid that of twice if I do) and collections keep showing up. Thanks.

I would report this to the CFPB and if they wont help then threaten to sue them if they dont write it off and stop reporting false information.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.