Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

San Mateo County Revenue GW strike-out

tag
electra
Established Contributor

San Mateo County Revenue GW strike-out

Hey Folks,

I've now sent two GW letters to them as well as placed a few phone calls.  The GW letters went to 2 different Revenue officers. No response on the first letter but the second officer called me back.  She stated they don't do GW deletes and refused to give the name of anyone else I could talk to.  I'd like to keep working up the chain but have no idea how to find that out as this isn't a CA but a County agency.  Should I try sending a letter to one of the County Supervisors? Do they have any oversight there?   How can I find out who else I can talk to there?  Anyone ever work with them?

This is for a paid traffic citation from a couple years back.

Here's my original post with my letter:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Feedback-please-GW-letter/td-p/1752406

Here's their website:

http://www.smcrevenueservices.org/

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
electra
Established Contributor

Re: San Mateo County Revenue GW strike-out

OK, I think I may have found the email address for someone who can help.  She is listed as SMC Tax Collector/Treasurer and the Revenue Services Dept looks like it's under her.  Think I'll try sending her an email and see where I get.  

Here's my reworked GW.  Would love to get any feedback.

Jan. 20, 2013

Dear Ms. SMC Treasurer,

I am writing to respectfully request you and the County of San Mateo for a good will deletion of the reporting of a collection to the Credit Reporting Agencies.  A couple of years ago I was given a citation for expired registration and insurance in San Mateo County which I then did not resolve and pay in a timely manner. Both the tickets and the delay in paying were my fault and the result of poor planning and organization during a very difficult time in my life when I was in the process of divorce, feeling overwhelmed, trying to adapt to life as a working single Mom with 100% custody and struggling financially.  I paid the sizable fine of $822 as quickly as I could.  My registration and insurance have remained current and I am trying to now correct this issue on my credit reports which continues to cause me additional expense in terms of my access to affordable credit.  Please believe me when I say I have learned a very expensive lesson and am now quite careful to stay on top of my registration and insurance payments.

I understand from speaking to one of your revenue agents that deletion is not a normal business practice but I am humbly asking for your help in making an exception. Would you be willing to look at my account and offer me the courtesy of removing this collection account from the Credit Reporting Agencies? I would be so very grateful if you could find a way to accommodate this request. 

Account number: xxxxxxx

Respectfully,

electra

Message 2 of 7
electra
Established Contributor

Re: San Mateo County Revenue GW strike-out - Update

Update:  Just got an email response from the San Mateo County Treasurer!

She says: 

"

Ms. electra,

I am out of the office until Wednesday.  I will check on your account at that time and report back to you as soon as I have information on the status of your credit issue.

Best regards,

SMC Treasurer"

Wish me luck!!!  I'm down to three collections and this one is the most recent!  Hopefully 3x IS a charm as this is the third person I've contacted.
Message 3 of 7
starry1
Valued Contributor

Good luck! And if its any help, I was able to gw off a parking collections here in Denver, so it can be done.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 4 of 7
maluba
Regular Contributor

I'm glad you found someone and that she replied to you! Good Luck!

Starting Score: 588
Current Score: 610
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
electra
Established Contributor

Thanks!!  I'm going to be on pins and needles waiting to hear back!

Message 6 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Oh electra, I am hoping for the best for you.  Let's think positive and come Wednesday a Happy Dance will be in order!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.