cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santander Goodwill Letter Sent- Please Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Santander Goodwill Letter Sent- Please Help!

Hey Everyone,

I've been reading the forums here for a while now and have found a lot of useful information that has worked well for me. Howeber, I am looking for some advice on getting my Santander auto loan account cleaned up. I have had absolutley no luck with them. Quick story, I basically got approved for a truck loan back in 2011 at a ridiculously 17% interest rate. The first year I never missed any payments and then lost my job. I ended up trying to start my own business which was going well however, sometimes it took up to 90 days for customers to pay. So on my credit report it shows periodic lates, no more then 60 days, mostly 30's when late. Just recently I totalled the vehicle and still have about $7,000 I owe after insurance which should be paid off within the next few months. 

I got ahold of the CEO's email address and sent him a good will letter. He must have forwarded it to whoever handles the reporting to the CRA's and personally called me just days later, saying there is nothing they can do. After getting off the phone, I was fustrated so I got doing some research and compared my payments all the way back from 2011 up until now to my credit reports. From 5/11 to 10/12 nothing was reported to the CRA's (which i never missed a payment during that period. I deferrred payments 4x each for 2 months, and on my CR it shows that I was late those months. I also changed the due date from 10th to the 25th, which also forces some of the payments late. Lastly, a few months are being reported late because they were waiting on insurance check. 

What should be my next step? This account is my last thing to fix, and is really weighing my credit down Smiley Sad

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Santander Goodwill Letter Sent- Please Help!

If you contest the accuracy of any reported lates, then the first step is to file a dispute with the CRA, providing the supporting documentation that shows the reporting is inaccurate.  The CRA must then forward a copy of your dispute to the creditor, who must conduct a reasonable investigation and respond back to the CRA.

The CRA must conclude its reinvestigation of your dispute within 30 days from filing, and send a formal Notice of Results of REinvestigation within 5 buiness days after conclusion of its period for reinvestigation.

The outcome of the dispute will be either a verification that the information is considered accurate as reported, a correction to overcome any agreed inaccuracy, or if the information cannot either be verified or corrected, then the information must be deleted from your credit file.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.