Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santander Repossession collection account advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Santander Repossession collection account advice

Long story short, I have one bad account left on my credit report: A repossession from 2012 from Santander.  I am looking for any advice on how to proceed with this one.  I have a balance of $4k with Santander.  Never paid them the balance.  Last year: was served by Resurgence Capital (lawyer/debt collector) and before I was taken to court, I arraigned for a payment plan.  I have been paying them monthly since.  Santander is the only company showing on my credit reports (not resurgence).  So my question is: How would you proceed in trying to resolve this?  Keep making payments?  I could settle in full with Santander but I heard they do not pay for delete and won't work with you.  The account will be removed: 6/2019 but I would like to try and buy a house in the next year.  Or do I just leave it on there?  Thanks so much!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Santander Repossession collection account advice

Pay it on time and pay it off in full.  If that's the only bad account left, you should still be fine to get a mortgage based on how old the repo is.

What are your current real FICO scores?

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Santander Repossession collection account advice

Since you are apparently under a formal agreement to pay the full amount, and since they still have the ability to refile should you become delinquent on your agreed plan, they nned not make any additional concessions, including any PFD.

Regardless of any prior experiences of others, perhaps having a bird in the hand may be more desirable than one in the bush, and they would accept an offer to pay in full now, with the concession of a PFD.  I would make a PFD offer if deletion is desired.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.