Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sarma Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sarma Collection

I've had this on my EX collection for 4 years now but never received any letter or phone calls, everytime I disputed they would take up to 30 days to do anything about it and EX would write back saying "verified as accurate." I've been fighting with them since December of 2018 to send me something in the mail but nothing has happened. I decided to dispute it on BBB, they wrote back saying "We've reach out to you several times, sent letters to the address we have on file and even offered a payment plan." I replied back saying "not once I was ever contacted even my 2 dental insurances I had at the time we're ever billed, what's so difficult to provide me proof about this collection?" They ended up closing the BBB dispute saying "we answered the complaint and client is still dissatisfied."

Is there anyway I can fight to get this removed? Obviously they have no proof and it all seems shady.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sarma Collection

If its yours these are the steps

Medical collections are some of the easiest to get removed from your CRs, here are the steps that you should follow to address them:

1. Call the OC and see if insurance can be billed, (or-rebilled), collections ultimately paid by insurance get removed per new rules that came from CRAs settlement with 22 state AGs. If not then
2. see if you qualify for Charity Care, if not then
3.  ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
4. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
5. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help, this process cannot be discussed in any forum of myFico.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.