Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Satisfaction of Judgment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Satisfaction of Judgment

Oh, and you'd get the documentation you need from the Clerk of the Court at the originating court. So if you were sued in, say, FICOFORUM District Court, you'd need to go to that CoC to get the documentation necessary to file the motion.
Message 11 of 15
Donks3369
Established Contributor

Do I just need to go to the courthouse and ask for a copy of the signed satisfaction of judgment?  Thanks.
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep! Smiley Happy

You may have to pay for copies, though. Each court is different. In my district, the "first" copies are free, but you pay for subsequent ones.
Message 13 of 15
Donks3369
Established Contributor

Sounds good.  SO all I need to ask for is the signed satisfaction of judgment?  If the attorney office said that they sent the satisfaction to the courts on 07/17, how long should I wait before I go down to see if it is there?
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Again, personally, if you can wait that long, I'd wait at least 2 weeks. You have a better chance of it actually BEING there if you wait a little bit. Courts are notoriously slow for updating records and recording motions/actions.

Even two weeks could be a bit on the hasty side.

Our local court system updates it's records approximately once a week, in batches. But as always, YMMV. You may have a court system that actually works in between coffee breaks! Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.