Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score BOOST! (UPDATE 12/19!!!!!)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score BOOST! (UPDATE 12/19!!!!!)

I have some updates for anyone who is interested in my story Smiley Happy I have truly come a long way, in only a matter of months! In June I started working on repairing my credit, readingt these forms and gaining invaluable knowledge and insight into this credit monster. As you can see in my original post, I started out with some pretty low scores, with some CA accounts, charge offs, and also errors on my reports. Through GW letters and just time allowing the derogs to fall off my reports, my scores improved dramatically and I started having hopes that I might realize my ultimate dream: owning my own home!

Well folks, that dream came true! On December 7th I closed on a 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath condo!!!!! I now have a place to call my own and really start my adult life off right :0) All this at a mortgage interest rate of 2.625%!!! God has blessed me immensely, by directing me to this forum at just the right time, giving me the determination to see this through, and helping me out with a little bit of luck along the way. I cannot thank the MyFico family enough, and everytime I look around my beautiful new home I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the many people who give advice here simply for the benefit of helping others. You all are amazing!

In addition to closing on my house, I also did something I didn't think was possible. I qualified for some prime cards Smiley Happy Really nice upgrade from my Cap1 unsecured and BOA secured cards! I was approved for a $4000 limit Discover card, and $500 limit Chase Freedom. The chase limit is pretty low, but I am sure this is a card that will grow with me and the benefits are wonderful. Plus it is a prime card! I also got a $2200 limit Home Depot card for things around the house. I am so excited about all the positive changes that are happening for me and I finally feel like I've made it. I will continue to nurture my credit and spend wisely, and hopefully my story will help encourage others, just like the success stories I read on here gave me hope when I thougt I didn't stand a chance. Thanks again to all and Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Happy Kwanzaa/Happy New Year!!!!!!!

Message 41 of 46
rightcoast
Frequent Contributor

Thats great. Its good to know I have light at the end of my tunnel. I have medical derogs that are due to fall of in 2014. They are only reporting to equifax so thats nice i guess. Did those two of yours fall off at exactly the seven year mark last month? And it seems like the other one should be coming off in no time, it is December. But hey you the house! Congratulations on that!

Starting Score: 530 (EQ) 03-2012
Current Score: 678 (TU) myFico 04-2013, 649 (EQ myFico
Goal Score: 720+

Wallet: Wells Fargo Secured- 400 CL, Capital One Secured- 250 CL, Credit One Unsecured- 300 CL
Message 42 of 46
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

This is so great! so great to see the possibilities of my future in you.

Conrgatulations on your new home, new scores, and new CLs!!!!!!!

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 43 of 46
electra
Established Contributor

Congrats! Great work!!  Love to hear stories like this...very inspiring!  Smiley Happy

Message 44 of 46
sphinx313
Established Contributor

You have come a LONG way from your initial post on this thread, congratulations! Your progress is proof to everyone that as long as you set your mind to it it's yours!

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 45 of 46
Mama-j
Contributor

Congrats! What a nice way to end the year. 

Starting Score: 2/22/12: EQ 530, TU 553, EX 528(lender). 12/4/12 (rebuilding starts)= EQ 599.
Current Score: 1/4/16: EQ 743, TU FICO 724, EX 737.
Goal Score: 750 all across.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.