Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Excitement!!!

tag
CivalV
Established Contributor

Score Excitement!!!

Just wanted to let my excitement out that my scores are in the 600s! EX finally hit 621 this morning, TU hit 614 yesterday & for some reason EQ has stood at 583 since Nov 3rd... what in the world lol

Im excited because I have been crossing fingers and toes to get in with Amex by February. If my financials change then so will my scores. As UTL and now 2 baddies are my scores enemies.

Slow progress is better than no progress!!

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score Excitement!!!

Congrats! Amex is a goal of mine also, although I think we have to be in the high 600s to be let into the club. GL!

Message 2 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats. I remember the feeling. Play it right and they'll keep going up.

Message 3 of 10
CivalV
Established Contributor

Thank you!! It is an amazing feeling. Amex can be weird with who they let in. My file is thick but my scores needed to get up there. Ive seen approvals with scores as low as 610. I wouldnt push my luck because of my total UTL. I’ll wait and let the scores go up to hopefully get into Amex
Message 4 of 10
CivalV
Established Contributor

Yes its been a longgggg waited accomplishment but it sure does feel nice getting the notifications with that score boost! Thank you!!
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the credit boost. Mine jumped also. Just a hair lower than yours did. My EQ score has been hanging around the 581 mark for a while now.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I miss amex. I burned them for $10k in my ch 7 BK. Smiley Sad But I am now rebuilding and hopefully will have a good relationship with Discover now. Good luck!
Message 8 of 10
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your progress! Wishing you the best on getting in with AMEX. That was my summer milestone and it was achieved in July. Keep your eye on those preapprovals!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 9 of 10
MikeGolf
Established Member

This motivates me to work on fixing my derogs. Worse thing I did was closing my Amex cards before I left the military. Could have use the age on the card to help my score.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.