Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Improvement via Payment History

tag
terren2000
Regular Contributor

Score Improvement via Payment History

I have 4 credit account with 60 and 120 late.  All paid off.  Paid in full no settlement.  All 4 are closed.  They all became late in 2015 after a rough patch, but ive recovered credit score is in the the high 600s low 700s.  Currently 2 years of good payment history.

Currently Closed 

Citi - Opened -in 2011 - just finished a repayment plan of $150 for 3 years.  Paid it off extrememly early.

Wellsfargo - Opened in 2010

Dell = Opened in 2010

Walmart Discover in Openend - 2012

These are all closed cards, paid off.  

SHould I get these cards deleted due o the baddies, or keep them open do to the history they provide.  None of my current active cards are even close in age.

Currently Active

Chase Unlimited - Opened 2018 - $5700 Limit

Capital One - Opened 2017 - $2600 Limit

Chase - Opened 2013 - $3000 Limit

Should I just not do anything?

Equifax - 789 Experian - 747 (Fako) Transunion - 715

Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 789
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Score Improvement via Payment History

With the derogatories on the tradelines, the age of the accounts is not of much help. IMO I would start a GW campaign and try to get the derogatory tradelines removed.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 2 of 4
terren2000
Regular Contributor

Thank You sir will begin today.

Just to be clear, they are likely going to remove the whole tradeline, that is ok?

Equifax - 789 Experian - 747 (Fako) Transunion - 715

Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 789
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

In your good-will letter, dont ask for deletion of the accounts.

Ask only for deletion of the reported derogs.

If the creditor reports deletion of the delinquencies only, then the account will continue to be included in your age of accounts scoring.

Of course, you always run the risk when requesting deletion of only derogs that the creditor will choose to delete the entire account, thus removing any future requirement to review the account or to consider any other credit reporting issues sent by the consumer.

However, if an old account that is still positively affecting age of accounts, dont ask for deletion of the entire account.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.