Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Simulator Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score Simulator Question

I played the "Score Simulator" game here on MyFICO and it said I should be between 650-700. The last time I had a "real" FICO pulled in June it was 545. I have two baddies, both paid in full, one from 2006, the other from 2007. I have two positives (auto loan, secured CC) both now hitting the three month mark (beginning of September), no lates and util on CC 17 percent. (I always keep it below 20 percent, and next month it will be below 10 percent)

My question is:  Is the score estimator accurate? Could my score really climb 100 points in three months?   

If so, that moves me from the "bad" credit to the "fair" credit, and that should mean a chance at a better card, hopefully an unsecured card... Smiley Very Happy

Have any of you found it to be a true reflection of your score?

Hello,

I've combined your post from the CC forum with this post. We ask that you not duplicate posts on multiple boards.

Thanks,

sidewinder

Message Edited by sidewinder on 08-22-2008 09:55 PM
Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jbh
Established Contributor

Re: Score Simulator Question

The one on the site, without a purchase, is not too accurate. The score simulator when you purchase can be. That said, it was more accurate for EQ than TU. My tu dropped after paying off my cc so I don't know what to think of them. I hate tu.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

See and I love TU since they are they are my highest score, of course nobody in California ever pulls TU so my INQ's there are minimal.
Message 5 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Pappy214 wrote:
See and I love TU since they are they are my highest score, of course nobody in California ever pulls TU so my INQ's there are minimal.

Ditto for me and I live in Hawaii...or should I say EX land
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score Simulator Question

I played the "Score Simulator" game here on MyFICO and it said I should be between 650-700. The last time I had a "real" FICO pulled in June it was 545. I have two baddies, both paid in full, one from 2006, the other from 2007. I have two positives (auto loan, secured CC) both now hitting the three month mark (beginning of September), no lates and util on CC 17 percent. (I always keep it below 20 percent, and next month it will be below 10 percent)

My question is:  Is the score estimator accurate? Could my score really climb 100 points in three months?   

If so, that moves me from the "bad" credit to the "fair" credit, and that should mean a chance at a better card, hopefully an unsecured card... Smiley Very Happy

Have any of you found it to be a true reflection of your score?
Message 1 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

best way to find out is pull real fico reports. why guess?
Message 3 of 7
Helena_313
New Contributor

I find it to be generally somewhat hit - or - miss.
03/2013 EQ 606 TU 609
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.