cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score bump of 30 points with Equifax. Will it last?

tag
jeepdad1970

Score bump of 30 points with Equifax. Will it last?

Greetings,

As of 3/1/19, my FICO 8 scores as shown through my MyFICO subscription were EQ 712, TU 701, and EX 706.

This morning, I noticed my Equifax "VantageScore" through Credit Karma had shot up a whopping 42 points (676 to 716). I then logged into MyFICO and purchased a fresh Equifax report, which showed a 30-point jump. 

Here's the deal: I have been going back and forth with NMAC (Nissan) over a 30-day late mark dated Oct 2018. I have disputed through the CRAs, sent a goodwill letter, e-mailed a VP, and when I didn't have success there I finally sent a more "assertive" letter last week. I was not hopeful. However, as of this morning not only is the 30-day mark from Oct 2018 gone from my new Equifax report, another 30-day mark dated early 2017 has also disappeared.  Equifax is now showing a completely clean account history. This accounts for the big bump. (Interesting side note: Equifax is the only bureau still showing a Chapter 7 BK that is due to fall of my report in May 2019).

My question: Could this just be a temporary "blip" or glitch? TU and Experian have not yet reported any changes. Moreover, MyFICO has not yet alerted me that any negatives have been removed from my credit report or even that my score has increased. I don't want to get too excited, but it's hard not to be. Would there be any reason negatives might disappear and then reappear, thus potentially tanking my score again?

We are wanting to purchase a home in the next 7-10 months, so are working on our mortgage scores. For those interested, my FICO Score 5 went from 672 to 713 -- A 41-point jump. That 713 is now my new midscore.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: Score bump of 30 points with Equifax. Will it last?

I've had negatives get 'not counted' when disputing with the bureau, but if you haven't disputed with them, then you might be free and clear?

It *could* appear back on your credit report, but I would just wait and see if it drops from your EX and TU as well.

Good luck! (and congrats!)

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 2 of 4
mmajer4211
Regular Contributor

@jeepdad1970 wrote:

Greetings,

As of 3/1/19, my FICO 8 scores as shown through my MyFICO subscription were EQ 712, TU 701, and EX 706.

This morning, I noticed my Equifax "VantageScore" through Credit Karma had shot up a whopping 42 points (676 to 716). I then logged into MyFICO and purchased a fresh Equifax report, which showed a 30-point jump. 

Here's the deal: I have been going back and forth with NMAC (Nissan) over a 30-day late mark dated Oct 2018. I have disputed through the CRAs, sent a goodwill letter, e-mailed a VP, and when I didn't have success there I finally sent a more "assertive" letter last week. I was not hopeful. However, as of this morning not only is the 30-day mark from Oct 2018 gone from my new Equifax report, another 30-day mark dated early 2017 has also disappeared.  Equifax is now showing a completely clean account history. This accounts for the big bump. (Interesting side note: Equifax is the only bureau still showing a Chapter 7 BK that is due to fall of my report in May 2019).

My question: Could this just be a temporary "blip" or glitch? TU and Experian have not yet reported any changes. Moreover, MyFICO has not yet alerted me that any negatives have been removed from my credit report or even that my score has increased. I don't want to get too excited, but it's hard not to be. Would there be any reason negatives might disappear and then reappear, thus potentially tanking my score again?

We are wanting to purchase a home in the next 7-10 months, so are working on our mortgage scores. For those interested, my FICO Score 5 went from 672 to 713 -- A 41-point jump. That 713 is now my new midscore.

I don't have any advice for your actual question but can you PM me all of the contact info for the Nissan letters you've sent? I've been trying to do the same but had no luck. Maybe even the verbiage in your last letter? Thanks

MASSIVE OVERHALL (48) MONTHS IN

Message 3 of 4
jeepdad1970

Thanks for the reply, Calyx. I disputed with the bureaus, but that was back in January and they each fairly quickly reaffirmed the disputed item. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.