Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score ding after dv?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score ding after dv?

I sent a dv to a ca last month and got a score watch notice today about a new major derog...from the agency I sent the dv to...date is 7/5/12...can they pull this crap??? Also, the alert has a different address than what's on my cr. Should I send that address a dv too?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Score ding after dv?

@Anonymous wrote:
I sent a dv to a ca last month and got a score watch notice today about a new major derog...from the agency I sent the dv to...date is 7/5/12...can they pull this crap??? Also, the alert has a different address than what's on my cr. Should I send that address a dv too?

Was this on your credit report before?

And what date changed? Just the reported??

Logic says the report date set off the SW alert, but something else changed to cause the score to drop, if this was already reporting... updating the last report date doesn't change your FICO score.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was already there...but the address are different..would that make it look "new"? And nothing else changed on that particular bureau..at least not that the score watch picked up on.
Message 3 of 10
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It was already there...but the address are different..would that make it look "new"? And nothing else changed on that particular bureau..at least not that the score watch picked up on.

The only thing that would make it look new to the point of FICO changing drasticaly would be a change in DOFD, which would be a huge no no on the CAs part...

How much score dip did you have? Was it substantial or just a few points?

-scott

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was about 20pts. My equifax is my worst.. Was 545, now it's 525. My TU and EX have both gone up..
Message 5 of 10
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It was about 20pts. My equifax is my worst.. Was 545, now it's 525. My TU and EX have both gone up..

Did you compare your EQ from before to now? Is that the only change??

Stranger things have happened, but reporting a new update such as address and changing the 'last reported' date will not do anything for FICO -- usually, I would say 9 times out of 10, when people have posted on here about bizaar score watch movement its almost always due to something not covered in the thread, such as a util change not reporting on one report yet, a new colleciton the OP didin't know they had on one score, ect ect...

it is hard to say really..

-scott

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

All my util has gone way down (about 90 down to 30-35 and will be even lower when all cards report for July). I emailed our lender to see if I can get another copy of what they pulled at the end of may and compare it to what the score watch says.
Message 7 of 10
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
All my util has gone way down (about 90 down to 30-35 and will be even lower when all cards report for July). I emailed our lender to see if I can get another copy of what they pulled at the end of may and compare it to what the score watch says.

Good call.. I think you are on top of it..

-scott

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was wrong...it's experian. The FICO score watch just told me my equifax went up. Experian is the one we can't see without a lender, right?
Message 9 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Correct, generally-speaking.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.