Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score drop

tag
Onlinecreditnewbie2
Contributor

Re: Score drop

Owwww....!!

That is a harsh drop, even for credit Karma!

Did you try and pull your free credit report, from annual credit report.com? 

This will help - see what is actually reporting.....and do you have any positives/accounts remaining?

Message 11 of 17
virgo
Established Contributor

I actually have four positive accounts.

The accounts I disputed are supposed to fall off in November of this year I was just attempting to see if I could get them off sooner I'm okay if they come back because they'll just fall off again.

I just wanted to know if anybody's ever seen that before where three collections were removed and then a score drop of that size.

Thank you for responding

Message 12 of 17
Onlinecreditnewbie2
Contributor

Only time I ever saw it was on my own report, and ...when those accounts were reporting as creditors, and had erroneously inflated my length of credit history. 

Once gone, I lost ....at least in theory the years, of them reporting that way. 

Otherwise...nope...never. 

Message 13 of 17
Onlinecreditnewbie2
Contributor

Here is the context, as an FYI - and Debt Collectors - are not Creditors, and vice versa. 

https://www.equifax.com/personal/education/credit/score/how-is-credit-score-calculated/

Length of credit history

This section of your credit history details how long different credit accounts have been active. Credit score calculations may consider both how long your oldest and most recent accounts have been open. Generally speaking, creditors like to see that you have a history of responsibly paying off your credit accounts.  

Message 14 of 17
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@virgo wrote:

I actually have four positive accounts.

The accounts I disputed are supposed to fall off in November of this year I was just attempting to see if I could get them off sooner I'm okay if they come back because they'll just fall off again.

I just wanted to know if anybody's ever seen that before where three collections were removed and then a score drop of that size.

Thank you for responding

Edit. Collections are a different story. Disregard.

Message 15 of 17
virgo
Established Contributor

Boy if this is indicative of how it's going to be my report's going to be white pages by the time this gets done.

Message 16 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I have never been able to figure out Vantage, it is known to be super sensitive to new accounts so if you recently opened a new account that is going to account for some of it but the rest I have no idea. I have seen my own Vantage drop 30 or so points for a new account and then see it recovered the very next month. I would not give too much credence to this and go and see what your Ficos are.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.