Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score increases after PFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score increases after PFD

It didn't take as long as I feared for my PFD to impact my scores. I heard it might take 30-60 days for a CA to remove the TL. It took about a week in this case. 

Anyway, on to the numbers. This collection was not reported to EX, so no change there (except for a 5 point drop for my new Discover card that I was hoping would increase the score, but my utilization was already at 3% so dropping to 2% didn't help). 

I am waiting for MyFICO to update, so I have the vantagescore 3 number changes. 

TU went from a 613 VS3 (612 F8) to a 641 VS3 +28 points

EQ went from 617 VS3 (631 F8) to a 658 VS3 +41 points

Both companies also reported the new Discover card on this updated score as well. They also show longer account histories than EX does, so the impact may not have been that bad. 

Im interested to see where my F8 numbers go from here when MyFico updates. (Thinking probably Monday, or do I have to wait until my next report on 5/4?)

5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score increases after PFD

Pls go to this link then scroll down to near the bottom #2 click the learn more to see what triggers an MF update not all events do

https://www.myfico.com/?_ga=2.201064107.407523308.1617634508-1036985448.1617634508

Message 2 of 6
House2021
Established Contributor

Which collection agency was it? Do you have any other collections or charge offs remaining?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was Puget Sound Collectioms for a medical collection. 

I have a charge off with first progress and a paid collection with Verizon wireless. I'm trying to do a PFD and GW letter but my letters were returned as undeliverable. I'm going to send out again to any other addresses I can find. 

Message 4 of 6
mycreditscoreisfair
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a charge off with first progress and a paid collection with Verizon wireless. I'm trying to do a PFD and GW letter but my letters were returned as undeliverable. I'm going to send out again to any other addresses I can find. 

Does your collection from Verizon show up under collections? I had a Verizon account that shows 'collections' but it doesn't list under collections or any credit bureaus. It appears that it's their internal collections. When I paid it, it updated to "paid, was a collection..."

Starting score (January 2020): 454 (TU)
First goal (December 2020): 580 (TU)
Second goal (August 2021): 670 (TU)
Current scores: 679 (TU), 665 (EQ), 658 (EX)
Current goal: All three bureaus over 670

Declined credit cards: First Premier Bank, Verve, Self, Credit One, Today Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mycreditscoreisfair wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does your collection from Verizon show up under collections? I had a Verizon account that shows 'collections' but it doesn't list under collections or any credit bureaus. It appears that it's their internal collections. When I paid it, it updated to "paid, was a collection..."

On my Experian app credit reports they're listed as closed and show a $0 balance, but the comment section reads "was a paid collection" on EQ and TU but nothing on EX. 

on the myfico report, it's listed as collection on EQ, paid after charge off/collections on TU and Paid account/was a collection account, insurance claim or government claim or was terminated for default on EX. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.