cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScoreWatch vs ScorePower Different Score?

tag
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

ScoreWatch vs ScorePower Different Score?

Ok, I'm about to go mad. As of 7/4/08 according to Scorewatch DH EQ fico was 545. On 7/5/08 I received notification from EQ that our dispute was complete. All 3 CA's were deleted and LVNV was deleted (it wasn't showing as CA). There are no more CA's on the report. I thought this would bring the score up significantly. The accounts were from 06 and late 07.

At the same time my installment account updated and they totally screwed it up. The payment history for 2008 is Jan. 30 days, Feb. 30 days, March, April & May is ok. They reported for the month of May in July. So they are always a month behind. But they changed the current status from pays as agreed to 30-59 days past due. Which is a lie because the account is current. I have receipts to prove it.

Ok with that background information (sorry it was so long). I checked EQ Scorewatch today and it says that DH score is now 510. OMG!!! So I ordered a Scorepower report to see what happened. The length of credit history is the same, the negative accounts were gone so the report of Scorepower was correct but it says score is 538.

Any ideas as to the difference in scores? If scorepower is correct, wouldn't removing all of those negative accounts help somehow? Would ordering from myFico give me a different score?

Message Edited by wahmom on 07-06-2008 02:21 PM
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ScoreWatch vs ScorePower Different Score?

Does the length of credit history have anything to do with the drops?  Did it change the average account age?  I'm getting ready to do a bunch of DVs, GWs, etc., this coming week (need stamps on payday) and am concerned about the same thing.

If there's one thing I can't afford here, it's a DROP in scores!!
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the late still showing on your report? How much time had passed from the SW alert and the time you used your pull? Do you have a bk or other lates still on your report?
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

WhatzUrPlan wrote:
Does the length of credit history have anything to do with the drops?  Did it change the average account age?  I'm getting ready to do a bunch of DVs, GWs, etc., this coming week (need stamps on payday) and am concerned about the same thing.

If there's one thing I can't afford here, it's a DROP in scores!!

Collections don't count in your average age....if you had closed or open tradelines (not in collections) removed that would impact your age.
Message 4 of 20
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

The average account age did not change. Yes the lates from jan & feb are still showing but they were showing before. The only thing they changed is the current status from pays as agreed to 30-59 days past due and the balance is $330 less than before.

The time between pulls was about 30-45 minutes. I do have a dismissed CH 13 BK from 12/98. Yes there are other lates showing on the report but they were also there before.
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax is on some serious drugs.. they have messed up so many things just over this weekend for alot of people...check some other posts and you will see..Im sending a nasty nasty letter off to them tomorrow
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

wahmom wrote:
The average account age did not change. Yes the lates from jan & feb are still showing but they were showing before. The only thing they changed is the current status from pays as agreed to 30-59 days past due and the balance is $330 less than before.

The time between pulls was about 30-45 minutes. I do have a dismissed CH 13 BK from 12/98. Yes there are other lates showing on the report but they were also there before.

In this case I do not know if removing the collections would drastically improve your score. You of course want to dispute your account status, but if you still have lates with only 6 months of age and a bankruptcy on your report you are still placed in a negative bucket. When your bk drops off I expect you to be in a more positive bucket (even one with 90+ lates is better) and your scores should start to rise as your lates age. After 2 years minor lates hurt your score much less, though 90+ lates take longer to lose their bite.
Message 7 of 20
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

So why would the scores be different between SW and SP?
Message 8 of 20
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
In this case I do not know if removing the collections would drastically improve your score. You of course want to dispute your account status, but if you still have lates with only 6 months of age and a bankruptcy on your report you are still placed in a negative bucket. When your bk drops off I expect you to be in a more positive bucket (even one with 90+ lates is better) and your scores should start to rise as your lates age. After 2 years minor lates hurt your score much less, though 90+ lates take longer to lose their bite.

The BK was bogus and EQ is the only one still reporting after fighting them for years! We went to the attorney and filled out the initial papers but we changed our minds and decided to handle our debt ourselves. We never went to court, we never had a court date. EX & TU deleted it years ago. It shows as $0 liabilities, $0 Asset Amount, $0 Exempt Amount. EQ refuses to delete before the 10 year mark.
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

wahmom wrote:
So why would the scores be different between SW and SP?

Did you log in to look at your alerts? Maybe the scorewatch was from a few days ago? I have only ever received ONE scorewatch alert even though there have been tons of changes on my reports, so I'm not a good judge. But, I know the alert I did get, was several days behind. So, maybe scorewatch gave you a score from a few days back, and when you pulled your report you got your most current?

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.