Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores all over the place

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scores all over the place

Recently received my chapter 7 discharge. Following, to some degree, the post on how to build your credit score to 700 in 2 years...ish. I reaffirmed my car, so not doing the credit builder loans. My score just before filing were hovering around 494. They are now around 600. However, I applied for the credit one platinum card and approved for $500.00 and in the letter, it said I was approved based on an Experian score of 741!?? Where did they come up with that score??
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

Re: Scores all over the place

Where did you pull your scores from? There are different versions of FICOs, Then the Advantage from Credit Karma. (good for keeping tabs on 2 CRAs but their scores are junk) then there are internal scores that the insitutions use. If you aren't getting your scores from here, you can go through Experian's for a $1 intro fee. I can't remember the free credit report sites if someone else wants to chime in on that. Plus, during bankruptcy, your score is gonna swing in every direction. I was in the same place score wise when I filed. Not discharged yet but with debts leaving, possibly some accounts deleting themselves and taking their derogs with them. Could possibly give you a nice bump plus what you have accomplished already. Your score seems kinda high for just getting discharged, so I would definitely get your real scores. That way you can see what is reporting and do a file clean up.

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined MyFico yesterday. Their scores for me are Eq622, TU554 and EX595. I was stumped at the score EX stated on the letter for Credit Ones approval. I kinda figured they would move up and down during this process. 741 seemed way out there to me. Anywho, thank you for your response!
Message 3 of 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I know you already got your answer, but I just wanted to chime in and say that I think that was some sort of internal score they quoted. In any case, they should explain what scoring model they're using.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

This actually happened to me as well. Not sure what their "score" is all about. If I had a 741, I sure as heck wouldn't be applying there Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.