Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores are improving!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scores are improving!

I have been working on rebuilding my credit.  I started off being au on my husbands two credit cards (Capital One and Discover). This year I have really been concentrating on cleaning up on my credit report. I disputed two collections, (medical, verizon wireless).  The verizon collection was removed last month and the medical just yesterday.  My scores are now TU-676; EX: 691 but EQ: 636.  Equifax is not reporting anything like the other two.  If I could get that fix it would help alot.  I have two credits cards(both Capital One); cl $750 and $2,500.  The one for $750 doesn't budge and has been the same since 2015.  I have requested cli but to no to avail.  The $2,500 capital one has been auto increase which I am grateful for.  No inquiries and just an auto loan with $11,250 left to pay. Are there any cards that I might have a chance of getting with the new scores.  Just another one or two would be good.  I know everyone situation is different but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
bobnathan0295
Valued Member

Re: Scores are improving!

it depends on your income. I used Discover and Capital One to rebuild my credit scores.

I was down to $5500 credit limit in the beginning of 2021. My credit scores were in the 600-640 range. I got Discover and Capital One cards to push my credit limit to $15000. Now my credit scores are in 640-670 range.

Message 2 of 11
Ilinferno
Established Contributor

Congrats on all of your progress! It might be a good idea to apply for a card with whomever you bank with (and have a relationship with already) or a local credit union that may be more generous with credit limits.

Message 3 of 11
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@bobnathan0295 wrote:

it depends on your income. I used Discover and Capital One to rebuild my credit scores.

I was down to $5500 credit limit in the beginning of 2021. My credit scores were in the 600-640 range. I got Discover and Capital One cards to push my credit limit to $15000. Now my credit scores are in 640-670 range.

+1.

As for the Capital One card, you may be at limit with THAT card. Have you tried a product change with them? 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 4 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Give Disco a try and see if you prequalify. Pretty solid.

https://www.discovercard.com/application/preapproval/initial 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bobnathan0295 thanks for the info. I'm looking to do an app spree the beginning of next month and may check out Discover.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried the pre approvals and not one bite except the Quicksilver rewards from Capital One.  I already have two cards for capital one but I didnt see the need in getting a 3rd one.  Should I just wait and try again in a couple of months? Thanks for the help

Message 7 of 11
bobnathan0295
Valued Member

I had a $3000 credit limit with Capital One. It has been increased to $3500

I want to switch from no-rewards to some kind of rewards card

I try to stick with cards with no annual fees. 

Message 8 of 11
bobnathan0295
Valued Member

What are the choices ?

Citibank

Chase

American Express

Bank of America

Capital One

HSBC

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bobnathan0295 wrote:

What are the choices ?

Citibank

Chase

American Express

Bank of America

Capital One

HSBC

I applied for the Apple Card and I was approved for $4,000 sl.  I was thinking of asking for a cli from capital one since I already have their cc.  

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.